Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was away and left my 2018 (15K) for 3 weeks. When I came back car was dead. No lights, no dash, nothing. I put a battery charger on it for about 20 minutes. Now everything lights up. Tried to start it with charger hooked up and nothing. Waited a little and nothing. So I called Subaru service and they wound up towing it to the dealer. I told service rep it wouldn’t start. Next day he called me and said it’s fixed. They had to reprogram the computer and FOB. He said the computer locked because I tried to start it with the charger hooked up. This makes no sense to me. Anyone experience something like this. I would like to know what to do next time my battery dies. I keep one of those compact battery chargers in the car.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,231 Posts
I was away and left my 2018 (15K) for 3 weeks. When I came back car was dead. No lights, no dash, nothing. I put a battery charger on it for about 20 minutes. Now everything lights up. Tried to start it with charger hooked up and nothing. Waited a little and nothing. So I called Subaru service and they wound up towing it to the dealer. I told service rep it wouldn’t start. Next day he called me and said it’s fixed. They had to reprogram the computer and FOB. He said the computer locked because I tried to start it with the charger hooked up. This makes no sense to me. Anyone experience something like this. I would like to know what to do next time my battery dies. I keep one of those compact battery chargers in the car.
Interesting. I have been dealing with this with our '18, trying to power a dash cam in parking mode.

Seems like BS from the dealer.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
113 Posts
The battery must have went dead sometime over the 3 week period. It would take a good saturation charge to bring it back. If they did not replace the battery keep and eye on it. With short trips and such it most likely will die again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts