Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Subaru Crosstreck’s battery deeps dying after a few hours of not driving. The battery and alternator are good. All doors and lights are off. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,020 Posts
Assuming you have the original battery it's not unusual for an OEM battery to last only 4 years. How do you know the battery is good?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it’s A good battery because I purchased it in January. It is much better battery than the one that came with the car. I have had both the battery and the alternator professionally tested. Thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,846 Posts
I know it’s A good battery because I purchased it in January. It is much better battery than the one that came with the car. I have had both the battery and the alternator professionally tested. Thank you for your reply.
If you're sure there's nothing being left on then there must be a short somewhere. I'd start by testing the draw on the battery with a Watt meter or multimeter when everything is off. I've been going through this for a while, trying to keep a dash cam powered in parking mode.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,020 Posts
I know it’s A good battery because I purchased it in January.
Not necessarily, but if this is the second battery to fail this year that leads me to believe something else may be going on. You might want to get a second opinion on the alternator although it sounds like you have something causing parasitic draw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts