Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 CVT seems sluggish off the mark . My wife drives it mostly so I was assuming it was learned behaviour . I have to really tromp it to get going. Anyone else having this problem ?

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
7,340 Posts
Lots of posts about this here. Try the search function...

·
Registered
39 Posts
No problem with my 2019. I used to think that the throttle was too sensitive off the line. Either it’s adapted or I have.

If it’s newer the transmission may still be learning your driving habit.

·
Registered
593 Posts
If it feels like it's fighting the brakes then it probably is.That's what my '16 CVT felt like when i first got it.The cause is the hill start assist.It keeps the brakes on for a couple seconds or so to prevent you from rolling backwards when you start moving on a hill.Why an auto transmission car would have this feature at all I'll never know.With ignition on,the engine might have to be running,push and hold the traction control/VDC button until the HSA light flashes,when it does,release and quickly push again and the HSA light should stay on if you did it right.If it didn't work then check the owners manual to confirm if the process is the same.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My 2019 CVT seems sluggish off the mark . My wife drives it mostly so I was assuming it was learned behaviour . I have to really tromp it to get going. Anyone else having this problem ?
I feel the sluggishness when coasting under 25mph. I really don't feel it when I'm accelerating. You have to remember the 0-60 mark is around 9.2 seconds on the Crosstrek, so it's pretty slow. And judging by your profile, you like to go pretty fast. People are doubting me on here, so I am not gonna doubt you lol. I pray that your engine and tranny is okay, it'll suck if one or both are damaged.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The Crosstrek has a smaller engine that needs high rpm. Don't be afraid to use the throttle generously. When you are in a safe place put the throttle all the way to the floor. (don't slam it to the floor). Let it get to redline and shift and then let it shift again at redline. Al this time keep it floored. It has a rev limiter, it wont hurt it. This engine needs to be cleaned out periodically.

I do it several times a week :p

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome to 152 HP & CVT land. This car is sluggish off the mark, & generally has a slower throttle response. The only fix is hitting the throttle with more gusto, & that only goes so far. I would avoid focusing on it, drive it like an old man (or lady) & keep smiling.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I feel the sluggishness when coasting under 25mph. I really don't feel it when I'm accelerating. You have to remember the 0-60 mark is around 9.2 seconds on the Crosstrek, so it's pretty slow. And judging by your profile, you like to go pretty fast. People are doubting me on here, so I am not gonna doubt you lol. I pray that your engine and tranny is okay, it'll suck if one or both are damaged.
sluggish when coasting ?? what does that mean?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts