Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..
Have had my car xv 2.s now for 5 months, and have 6500km on board.
My problem is at very low speed in car parks ect, the cvt gives a shudder
more so if the wheels are on full lock.
Any one haveing the same???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank's for reply..
What I mean by shudder, I should have said a vibration.
When on full lock and just moveing no acceleration on there is this
vibration. And if I straighten the steering the vibration goes away,also if I put the
gear leaver in neutral it goes away ....

·
Registered
3 Posts
My daughter just came by today and described a vibration just as she moves from a stop light. I took it for a drive and it has a shudder I felt in my legs
just as I started moving,wheel strait or turned. It feels like it "short shifts" to second,sort of bogs then accelerates normally. I know it doesn't shift
but it isn't the constant pull,even,flat unwavering rpm that was normal before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2013 with 28k miles has started doing that. I take off from a dead stop, and it seems like the transmission hasn't gone to the right gear ratio. I did pull in the down shift paddle once, and within a couple seconds of moderate acceleration, it was already in "4th" gear. I'm having my 30k service done in the next couple of weeks and plan on bringing this up with them.
My daughter just came by today and described a vibration just as she moves from a stop light. I took it for a drive and it has a shudder I felt in my legs
just as I started moving,wheel strait or turned. It feels like it "short shifts" to second,sort of bogs then accelerates normally. I know it doesn't shift
but it isn't the constant pull,even,flat unwavering rpm that was normal before.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
You got these high dollar fluid checkers at the stealership. Take it to someone that deals with Subaru suspensions. Ask your buddies, go on Facebook,or Subaru clubs ask for a mechanic in the area that deals with vibrations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2013 with 28k miles has started doing that. I take off from a dead stop, and it seems like the transmission hasn't gone to the right gear ratio. I did pull in the down shift paddle once, and within a couple seconds of moderate acceleration, it was already in "4th" gear. I'm having my 30k service done in the next couple of weeks and plan on bringing this up with them.
Did you get any answer during your service on what they thought it was?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all..
Have had my car xv 2.s now for 5 months, and have 6500km on board.
My problem is at very low speed in car parks ect, the cvt gives a shudder
more so if the wheels are on full lock.
Any one haveing the same???
Same issue! Did you happen to work out what it was?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I may have the same issue as well. Going to the dealer soon to see what's up. Sounds like the front diff or trans when turning at low speeds (when parking) but only after the car has warmed up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey! Did you end up finding out anything about what it was? I have had the issue for almost a year & mechanic is now thinking a dud valve body but I’m not sure.
thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts