Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
That looks similar to what I printed off(IE factory pages for the procedure). Having said that, I'm just going to drain it cold, refill, then do the warm up to temp procedure to set the proper level.

·
Registered
2021 Ice SIlver Sport
1,322 Posts
Seeing the same torque values in my manual though it is for a 2014. Same CVT though.

It's always better to drain the CVT hot as the dirt is suspended in the fluid. Same with the motor oil.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seeing the same torque values in my manual though it is for a 2014. Same CVT though.

It's always better to drain the CVT hot as the dirt is suspended in the fluid. Same with the motor oil.
Ah, that horse has been beat to death, too. With some German cars you cant "drain" the oil anymore.. it's pumped out using a tool. Point is, they never have issues with dirt being suspended in the fluid. That's what the filter is there to remove.

·
Registered
2021 Ice SIlver Sport
1,322 Posts
Agree to disagree. Even if you are pumping the fluid out, it is still better to be warm with the particles suspended. In this case, there are 2 filters in the CVT. One in the front is behind the torque convertor so not accessible without dropping the tranny. The other one is on the bottom but you have to pull the pan to access. So any help you can give these filters is probably for the best since they are not easily changed unlike the motor oil filter.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, I take the given torque values above as correct.. only difference is that the filler plug in the manual I posted is pictured to be on the drivers side, where as on the 2018 XV it's on the passenger side.
You could get at the plug on the drivers side, but you would have to, probably, remove the exhaust that runs by it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
So, I take the given torque values above as correct.. only difference is that the filler plug in the manual I posted is pictured to be on the drivers side, where as on the 2018 XV it's on the passenger side.
You could get at the plug on the drivers side, but you would have to, probably, remove the exhaust that runs by it.
I can't find the link at the moment but I'm fairly sure someone posted repair manual images from a 2018+ recently.

·
Registered
334 Posts
the diagram is correct for 2014-2017. That's the view from the driver's side. The FB2.5 engine has switched the fill to the passenger side since the exhaust is routed differently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts