Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like my cup holders are shallow and don't grip my cups so I'm looking for an insert that grips the cups, anyone have them or seen them? TIA

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Hello and welcome to SXF.

That was my very first of few complaints. My first stop on the way home was to a McD’s drive through to get it over with and I noticed my cup wobbling about on the way home. I tried a few things but thy didn’t work well.

Finally, my wife made me a couple of cup cozies out of some extra fabric. They have batting on the inside so it’s soft and insulates from hot or cold and even though my cups don’t wobble about anymore, I just throw them in the wash every now and then. Thy work great from home brew and cans to the coffee shop and drive throughs. They even keep a beer safely standing when cleaning the car ;).

Vehicle Cameras & optics Car Auto part Family car

Edit: They’re so good, they even work sideways, lol.

·
Banned
94 Posts
Cup holders are a gimmick ....inner thighs or don't drink and drive

• Haha
Reactions: AZJuice and sn4rkie

·
Registered
856 Posts
The one on Amazon looks cool. I sometimes just fold a piece of paper towel in a square, push it into the cup holder, and jam the cup in on top of that. Seems to do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
23 Posts
I got these on Amazon. Work well for me. Plus they catch any spills

Dorman 41001 Cup Holder Insert https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WLXRGC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_i_UylcBbHD7H4PX
I know that this is an old post, but I wanted to say tanks! After having my 2021 for two months, I discovered the first thing I truly dislike about my Crosstrek today when a large Panera iced coffee flew out of the rear cup holder when I made a sharp left turn. Fortunately the cup stayed closed, not that much leaked out, and it seems like the leather seats are protected since I did not notice any staining after I managed to soak up the liquid using a canvas shopping bag that I had in the car.

Will definitely be looking into getting some of these (there seem to be plenty of different models available). Sad that they have not fixed this problem after so many years.

Update -- I wonder if these work in the rear cup holders. And even if they do, they would cause problems when I chose to put the armrest with the cup holders up. So maybe I just need to use the ones in the front for large cups.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ditto MisterBill's post. I've had my Crosstrek for less than a week. I had a tall coffee cup in the holder that did a pretty large wobble when I took a corner. Fortunately I noticed it bumping my arm and was able to quickly secure it. I installed the Dorman insert today and took a run through the SBucks drive-thru. No more wobble.

You'd think that after nearly 4 years that Subaru would have a solution for this...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ditto MisterBill's post. I've had my Crosstrek for less than a week. I had a tall coffee cup in the holder that did a pretty large wobble when I took a corner. Fortunately I noticed it bumping my arm and was able to quickly secure it. I installed the Dorman insert today and took a run through the SBucks drive-thru. No more wobble.

You'd think that after nearly 4 years that Subaru would have a solution for this...
So after reading this, I went to Amazon, and they had some of these available from Warehouse Deals as Used-Like New (which typically means a damaged box) for $7.57 each, so I bought a couple (there were two more if anyone else is looking). I haven't had any problems with the front cup holders recently, but I always put something next to cups to wedge them in place. This will make them more secure. Wish there were something I could put in the rear cup holders that made them usable. Have not put anything in there since my coffee flew out of the holder that day I made a sharp turn.

I've had my Crosstrek for almost a full year now, and I love most things about it, but the area between the front seats is probably my least favorite thing about the car. Between only having one level of storage instead of two in the storage box as most cars have, and the terrible cup holders, they really should do a better job there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got my Dorman inserts, and they seem to work well. It's not a perfect fit, they're round instead of D-shaped, but it does the trick. They're much too large for the rear cup holders, so those are still unusable. I had read one of the Amazon reviews that the person cut off the little rubber nubs on the bottom to fit better, but I don't see the necessity of that. It sits flat on the bottom, and that's all that matters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts