Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
Cars float well enough to lose traction. I've made water crossings in streams, but that is far different than crossing a flooded roadway. Road surfaces become slick, and flood waters can move extremely quickly and have a lot of power. If you've ever hike across a thigh deep running stream you will be shocked at how powerful the mass of water is. Never cross a flooded road with running waters unless you want to make the news posthumously. A deep puddle (non-moving water) in the road is a different story, but I would still not cross if the underbody will be in the water.

Registered
I have documented proof that the roof is the limit. 馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ馃槀

Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
I have documented proof that the roof is the limit. 馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ馃槀
Have to agree - if the water is up to the headliner it's hard to see to drive, unless one is wearing a scuba mask!

Reactions: Twiddler

Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
Head out of sunroof?

Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
SOL?

Registered
To answer the OP question, I will tell you that the lowest (and coincidentally one of the most expensive) unsealed modules is the airbag module that is mounted on top of the hump, directly under the heating and air controls in all Crosstreks.

So I would keep the water below that.

The seat modules that sense passenger occupancy, detect seatbelt status, and power the heated seats are pretty low but I think that they're in a close second place.

If going deep is seriously being considered, I would recommend fitting your car with a bilge pump to remove the water that enters before it can accumulate.

Reactions: AstroKats

Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
Weak Mexican beer is a redundancy... 馃樃
The tequila, on the other hand...

OAK has access to some single barrel (whiskey barrel) aged stuff.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts