Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

41 - 60 of 124 Posts

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,822 Posts
Only the self charging hybrid is now sold here and it's the top spec premium and premium se versions only....it starts at £31k here.
Wow, $40K+

That includes the 20% VAT, right?

·
Registered
2018 Subaru XV Premium SE
47 Posts
Yes,including vat....to be fair that's not uncompetitive it's just that Subaru does no advertising or promotion over here as it's imported independently of Subaru whereas in the U.S it's manufacturer backed.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
Yes,including vat....to be fair that's not uncompetitive it's just that Subaru does no advertising or promotion over here as it's imported independently of Subaru whereas in the U.S it's manufacturer backed.
Actually, a fully loaded PHEV with Sales Tax of 10% in some areas, like here, would probably get over $40K. Then there are rebates, tax credits, etc. Is that happening in the UK, too?

·
Registered
35 Posts
[QUOTE="BobNH, post: 2088163] ...And Crosstrek's are about the best bargain car ever.
[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I am also in Florida but don't see as many (Orlando). Lots of room, inexpensive price plus durability plus gas mileage = Value

My other car is a Civic type R, less common and worse mpg.

Crosstrek is the daily and does well with hurricanes etc.

Two dogs, no cats.:giggle:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here in Michigan my neighbor always commented on how much his wife liked our '14 Premium. They never accepted our offer to look closer or drive it, and then one day he brought one home. Found it while looking for his new Jeep. Same year, same color, same options. It's funny, and a bit creepy -lol. They have the roof cross bars and my wife has a sticker on the rear glass. Otherwise I can't tell them apart.

One nice thing is theirs has 100k more miles than ours so it's like having a crystal ball next door.

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
2018 Subaru XV Premium SE
47 Posts
People can be a bit weird like that.......I had a German shepherd called nico and I live in a very small village......a neighbour a few streets away also then bought a German shepherd (and I know the neighbour quite well)and they called theirs nico too!!!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Only the self charging hybrid is now sold here and it's the top spec premium and premium se versions only....it starts at £31k here.
Re badge snobs, I like my XV better than my friend's Volvo and it has most of the same features at a fair price. A lot of older people are driving XVs where I live now. I suspect it's getting the same reputation for safety that Volvos were reputed for. I thought older people would prefer the Impreza. More affordable pricing, lower to the ground, etc.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
People can be a bit weird like that.......I had a German shepherd called nico and I live in a very small village......a neighbour a few streets away also then bought a German shepherd (and I know the neighbour quite well)and they called theirs nico too!!!
Bet they don't have a flashy red Subaru though Mr Jones ;)

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
Re badge snobs, I like my XV better than my friend's Volvo and it has most of the same features at a fair price. A lot of older people are driving XVs where I live now. I suspect it's getting the same reputation for safety that Volvos were reputed for. I thought older people would prefer the Impreza. More affordable pricing, lower to the ground, etc.
Did you get Jasper Carrott down under? There was a hilarious Volvo sketch... 😸

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
Not that I remember. I can find references to the sketch (Volvo Running Lights?) but not the actual sketch on Google/Youtube.
That's the one! I couldn't find it either. He's from Birmingham, where I was born. Not Alabama, LOL!

·
Registered
10 Posts
there is alot of crosstreks , when i see one i look over to wave , but i usually get no response. so....i think its time we get into the wave.. i see vet owners wave..

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
There are more an more around here. There's even an orange one that parks on our street. I've never seen a red one.

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,553 Posts
I see most of the colors around here. Except the newest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lived in Los Angeles and saw a variety of car brands. If anything stood out, it was Tesla. Then moved to Seattle a few years ago and saw tons of Crosstreks. Now I'm in Boston and the Crosstrek trend continues.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
Lived in Los Angeles and saw a variety of car brands. If anything stood out, it was Tesla. Then moved to Seattle a few years ago and saw tons of Crosstreks. Now I'm in Boston and the Crosstrek trend continues.
There was a Prius trend here a few years ago. At one point we had three in our garage - a building with 21 condo units. It was four when OAK's sister came for dinner (she's now on her third). They don't seem as popular now. I see a lot of Teslas and I'm seeing more and more Crosstreks.

When I just went to the pharmacy this one parked next to me in an otherwise almost empty parking lot:

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
When is the last time you washed your car?
I was waiting for that one, LOL! It was November 2019... 😸

Reactions: Kman
41 - 60 of 124 Posts