Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Base CVT Crosstrek
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a small town near Boston, (part of the "greater Boston" area). I walked to the grocery store today (I know, I should have dirven the XT) and as I walked one block I was counting the Crosstreks I saw. A neighbor I know has a Crosstrek, so that's one. I walked past a house where I know they have a Crosstrek (in fact that's the first crosstrek I saw and became interested in them). So that's two. Then I walked past the next house and saw a red crosstrek, so that's three. Then at the bottom of the hill was a fourth crosstrek just parked there. Five crosstreks (including mine) in a quarter mile radius.

I know this is some kind of biased counting. When I got my Corolla I would go around looking for Corollas of the same year AND COLOR and I'd see so many of them, but it tickled me to find so many Crosstreks so near my house.

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,914 Posts
You know, my wife keeps saying that, too. And a lot of CGKs here. Not many oranges, though. A couple months ago, there was one (CGK) parked on the street next to our house. My wife saw it first, and asked me why our Crosstrek is on the street (we always keep it in the garage). Sure enough looked exactly like ours, incl the Limited wheels, etc. Turns out someone else living near by bought one. I've talked to them since, and they love their new Crosstrek.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,666 Posts
I think I posted this a while ago - Google Maps took me down a street here that I'd not used before, to avoid traffic. After a few blocks I saw a Subaru, then another, then another until every other car was a Crosstrek, Forester, Outback, etc. Then I realized I was on the street behind the Subaru dealership... 😸

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Yeah. It's amazing. The only dealership for miles and miles where I live is Mazda so of course every new car I'd see was a Mazda (most usually a CX-3). With lots of bush trails, dirt roads, etc to hiking tracks and non urban road conditions (dense fog, black ice and occasionally snow), the other most sighted cars used to be old Fozzies. A few years later and now there's so many XVs (Crosstreks) I stopped playing Spotto. Went to the greengrocer's (farmers market) yesterday and had plenty of parking buddies so I parked between 2 of them. In 20 spaces there was an Ozzie, 2 Fozzies and 6 Crossies, 7 including mine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My wife and I got an Orange '19 Crosstrek in early January. It seemed that while there were orange ones, they were few and far between. Since getting ours, there seems to be one everywhere! We drove from western Massachusetts to the Natick area last weekend and while on the Mass Pike we saw at least 4 Orange ones going the other way.

But more importantly, the girl who works at the Ben & Jerrys nearby owns one too! We get "special" treatment when we come in. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am currently in RI, and I notice them everywhere. When normally at home in Virginia, they are few and far between.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm currently in Vancouver BC, and I rarely see too many Subaru's here. Loads of Tesla's and new Porsche Taycan's. EV's have really taken off here. Did see a pristine 1980's Renault Le Car Sport the other day.
regards

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,541 Posts
I'm near Hartford CT, and I see them all the time. And then more when I drive to northern New England.

My wife and I got an Orange '19 Crosstrek in early January. It seemed that while there were orange ones, they were few and far between. Since getting ours, there seems to be one everywhere! We drove from western Massachusetts to the Natick area last weekend and while on the Mass Pike we saw at least 4 Orange ones going the other way.

But more importantly, the girl who works at the Ben & Jerrys nearby owns one too! We get "special" treatment when we come in. ;)

One time going north on the Maine Turnpike I'd see something orange approaching and as it got closer, yep, Crosstrek, yep, Crosstrek. At least 5 in about an hour orange Crosstreks headed south. They really do stand out at a long distance.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limted
95 Posts
I live in San Juan County WA. Subarus are rampant in the PNW in general but in this county of small Islands in the Salish Sea they are "predominant". With no barber open on my island for over a year due to the pandemic and the resultant geriatric man bun..... When I had to retire my 20 year old Jeep Cherokee in November I figured "if ya can't beat em, join em".

Signed
The Geriatric Hipster

·
Has Butch tires
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
977 Posts
Bet we have many of you beat. We live near Richmond, CA, where literally hundreds of Subarus are parked in one of the U.S. West Coast Receiving lots after being unloaded from Japan for land transport. We were just out watching Ospreys near the port and I was admiring some of the vehicles while waiting for the fuzzy chicks to stick their heads out of the nest. Ship loads of them. I'm sure there aren't as many as in Lafayette, Indiana, but quite a few anyway.

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,541 Posts
I live in San Juan County WA. Subarus are rampant in the PNW in general but in this county of small Islands in the Salish Sea they are "predominant". With no barber open on my island for over a year due to the pandemic and the resultant geriatric man bun..... When I had to retire my 20 year old Jeep Cherokee in November I figured "if ya can't beat em, join em".

Signed
The Geriatric Hipster

My barber was open after the first several months of the closings.

Reactions: TimTzotz and erader

·
Registered
119 Posts
They are all over the place in Montana. I have yet to see "one of us" though - with a lift and bigger tires. I see older subies all kitted out from time to time, some beaters and some decent. I see WRX's too. Most up here are younger kids and they are just sooooo cool. lol. If I went that route, it would not be sitting on street tires and lowered up here in the Flathead Valley... I'd take the rally approach. But most I see are bone stock, largely outbacks and largely older folks. Kind of the reason I went with Subaru, aside from cost. Decent ground clearance, AWD, and they hold their value well enough up here. The only better option outside of an AWD with some room to wiggle would be a diesel truck. In 10 years, that diesel with 200k would only lose $10k from what you bought it for where I live. Since I can't afford a $50k truck, I chose the other option :cool:

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limted
95 Posts
My barber was open after the first several months of the closings.
The one on this island has her shop attached to her home which is full of kids from toddlers to high schoolers... better safe than sorry and her husband is a commercial fisherman so they are doing mostly okay...... but when she is able to open again some of the haircuts here are going to be on the EPIC end of the scale. I'm in no hurry. I'll wait until we can be confident that regular intervals are mostly guaranteed. Its long enough now to tie it all back. The in between stages are a pain....and frighten children.

·
Registered
929 Posts
The one on this island has her shop attached to her home which is full of kids from toddlers to high schoolers... better safe than sorry and her husband is a commercial fisherman so they are doing mostly okay...... but when she is able to open again some of the haircuts here are going to be on the EPIC end of the scale. I'm in no hurry. I'll wait until we can be confident that regular intervals are mostly guaranteed. Its long enough now to tie it all back. The in between stages are a pain....and frighten children.
barbers have/had been open here but many aren't following the rules

·
Registered
2021 Base CVT Crosstrek
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm currently in Vancouver BC, and I rarely see too many Subaru's here. Loads of Tesla's and new Porsche Taycan's. EV's have really taken off here. Did see a pristine 1980's Renault Le Car Sport the other day.
regards
Vancouver might be too upscale for Crosstreks. Teslas sound right.

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,914 Posts
Vancouver might be too upscale for Crosstreks. Teslas sound right.
Hey, I live in Vancouver, and yes, many Crosstreks here. More than 5 years ago... Subies have always been popular here. We have mountains, and lots of snow up there.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts