Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2019 Crosstrek, base model. There is an interior noise that sounds like the defrost is on All the time....this is on every ride, regardless of the settings I’m using on fan,heat, air, etc. It is very noticeable and rather annoying to me. Is this something built in or can I turn it off? Please and thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
228 Posts
Do you hear it when the engine is on and the car is not moving? Do you hear it when you turn the ignition to "Accessory" and the engine is not running? Have you ever put the vehicle in neutral and coasted a bit (safely) with the engine off...do you hear the noise then? How does the sound change with the windows closed/open? How does the sound change when you drive at the same speed on asphalt or concrete? This might help answer your question.

I find my 2018 to have a tire noise when moving, gotten used to it, but when I listen to some types of music I occasionally hear it. This may not apply to the sound you are experiencing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for such detailed questions I hadn’t even thought to consider! I will take note of them in the coming few days and report back :)

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,859 Posts
Something else to consider is that the infotainment system has a cooling fan. It doesn't turn off right away when you turn off the ignition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear the sound of air blowing along the front windshield while I’m driving, as if the defrost is on. But I cannot feel air with my hand. It does not vary in sound or intensity, regardless of exterior wind or car speed,however it decreases when the car is stopped, but not completely. Travel surface does not seem to matter.
I was hoping for an answer that there is a continuous windshield defrost that is standard on this vehicle. Now I just feel I’m having to adjust to a new car and it’s particular sounds. Makes me feel a little crazy - just wishing I knew what it is... thanks for suggestions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts