Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the limited lights for the 2018 Crosstrek can be installed on the Premium and Base trims? I know it won't have the steering adaptive parts like eye sight, but it would be nice to upgrade to those as it is a much sharper look. Possibly the Impreza lights may work too?
Second, I realize if the base is compatible with the LED lights it may be expensive. Any thoughts on where I can find the lights cheapest? Or would it be better to go for retrofits? I want to be as cost effective as possible on this.
Thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes the headlights will bolt on just fine. The connector is different and you can find the pin outs on the impreza5 forum last I checked.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Okay cool, thank you! any idea how much the impreza 5 pin outs cost?
Headlight Wiring Diagrams

I don't know if we're allowed to crosspost forums, but check this thread out. It's not a harness you buy, just modifying (de-pin) the connector. Good luck, if you can find a used pair of limited headlights for a decent price, this is definitely better than a retrofit (labor wise and probably output wise depending on the projector).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Probably off a wrecked Crosstrek would be cheapest. Try an e-junkyard site.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once headlights from the limited trim are installed on a base model, should the lighting look the same? I've heard rumors or ideas that they may light up differently?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can you clarify? It should work (look) the same as long as the harness gets powered correctly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve heard someone say that the LED’s run fixed while the Halogens run both a high and low beam bulbs?
also heard that the voltage in the base and premium may be low voltage which might effect the LED fixture?
I also don’t want to confuse the LED controls, not sure if they will.
Also would a 2018 Impreza limited light work in the 2018 Crosstrek? I heard they’re the same size but can’t find anyone to confirm.
Thx.

·
Registered
124 Posts
They're the same headlight. Everything minus the SRH will work according to that thread I linked. A lot of parts are interchangeable. I usually use "Crosstrek" as a keyword instead of "impreza" since that sometimes lumps in WRXs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They're the same headlight. Everything minus the SRH will work according to that thread I linked. A lot of parts are interchangeable. I usually use "Crosstrek" as a keyword instead of "impreza" since that sometimes lumps in WRXs.
Okay awesome! Going to attempt this in the next week. I'll share any problems/ results!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nice, you should make a build thread. I don't think it has been documented here. Good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I just attempted to install the LED limited headlights for a Crosstrek on my 2018 base Crosstrek. It did not work because the plug in piece for the lights is different. If I get the correct one to match the LED lights it should work. Anyone know where I can find maybe an adapter for the headlights? Or, potentially an entirely new plug in piece for the LED headlight to replace?

first photo is the plug in piece for the Haologen light that I want to replace.
The second photo is the plug in from the LED headlight. I need to find its sister part for this to work.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still working on it. Hasn’t been completed yet. Looks like wires will have to be spliced for this to work.

·
Registered
19 Crosstrek Limited ORANGE
37 Posts
As others have said, the headlights will bolt up just fine, you just need to do some custom wiring. I'm currently working on a plug and play harness, which should hopefully be done. I have everything pinned out and ready to go, just need to source the connectors now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts