Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm new in this forum!

Just got my second hand 2018 Subaru Crosstrek Premium.

After I lock my car, the clock is still on aaaaand is this okay? Most of the people in my country have older (XV) versions and they told me the clock shuts down after you lock the car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today I went down to the fuse box, checked fuses step by step and found out that this panel shut off when I removed the 9th ACC fuse. What could this mean?

·
Needs a Butch car
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,089 Posts
Today I went down to the fuse box, checked fuses step by step and found out that this panel shut off when I removed the 9th ACC fuse. What could this mean?
It means that that's the fuse for the clock display... which doesn't really tell us anything about your problem.
Electrical gremlins are the worst. I wouldn't even really know how to start diagnosing that myself.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wonder if it has a bad ignition switch? They can cause a whole host of electrical gremlins. If you jiggle the key in the ignition when turning it off, does it make a difference? Anything else key/shut off related not turning off?
regards

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It means that that's the fuse for the clock display... which doesn't really tell us anything about your problem.
Electrical gremlins are the worst. I wouldn't even really know how to start diagnosing that myself.
It says ACC. After I start my car, the ACC is blinking on that display. ACC stands for Adaptive cruise control.. What else could it be?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wonder if it has a bad ignition switch? They can cause a whole host of electrical gremlins. If you jiggle the key in the ignition when turning it off, does it make a difference? Anything else key/shut off related not turning off?
regards
Actually yes! When my headlights are on AUTO mode, they don't turn off even when I lock the car.. It's some kind of ignition problem..

Also I have a problem with EyeSight - it is constantly turning on/off when I drive, no matter the weather.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
651 Posts
It says ACC. After I start my car, the ACC is blinking on that display. ACC stands for Adaptive cruise control.. What else could it be?
Accessories (electrical) maybe?
The Ignition switch has four positions: Lock, ACC, On, Start.
Unless, of course, you have the 'push button start' feature; in which case it has: Off, ACC, On.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it possible the key was removed while in the ACC position? The ignition switch should not allow that.
Nope, I can't remove the key in ACC position. The thing is that two things are still on - headlights and interior lights if my lights are on AUTO mode and this clock panel.

Other things like windows etc. are off. So after I remove my keys and shut the door, these two are still on, other things, like windows, or 12v socket are off. So I don't understand what is the problem here...

·
Registered
2,613 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
deleted: wrong thread

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update:

I did some observations:

1) If I remove the 9th fuse that stands for ACC - the Automatic headlights turn on/off just fine. But if I plug the fuse back, 2) I was checking the fuses, I removed the 26th fuse from the box that stands for Backup (probably the backup power source) the clock turns off and on if I insert or remove the keys and everything else works perfectly, except I can't lock my car with key buttons.

So my guess is that this clock & radio are somehow using the backup power source (Probably same as the key lock) that doesn't shut down after you lock the car.

My car has 2020 Subaru forester head unit, could this be a problem?

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
It won't be the head unit.
Harman makes 4 different models for Subaru, Base (6.5"), Base+ (6.5" w/cd), Mid (8") and High (8" w/nav), and they are not vehicle specific.

I'm perplexed as to what happened. I haven't looked deep into what device is on each fuse.

Dumb question, but at least we'll know, how to the fuses under the hood look; any popped or missing ones?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It won't be the head unit.
Harman makes 4 different models for Subaru, Base (6.5"), Base+ (6.5" w/cd), Mid (8") and High (8" w/nav), and they are not vehicle specific.

I'm perplexed as to what happened. I haven't looked deep into what device is on each fuse.

Dumb question, but at least we'll know, how to the fuses under the hood look; any popped or missing ones?
Well I don't think it's a dumb question at all.

The fuses were sitting here and there and I re-arranged them based on this article Fuse Box Diagram Subaru Crosstrek / XV (2018, 2019-...).

You can see the attached wire that starts and turns off the radio. sitting on 7th fuse.

And this is under hood. One seems like missing, I replaced another 30 here, but nothing.

Could it be that car key input is broken and not turning the ACC's off?

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
No, your key switch is fine. I know that because you said that when the radio operates properly, you can remove the key and open the door to stop the radio.

Your engine fuses look fine, but I see a few items with your cabin fuse box.

Fuses 3 and 7 should be 15A
Fuse 9 (your removed ACC) should be 7.5A (if its not already)
Fuses 19, 23, 26, 27 and 28 should be 10A

Unfortunately, this wont fix anything, but it will get the box back in order.

I get the feeling that you haven't got an owner manual. Yours is a US car, so you can get one from here:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Doca

No, your key switch is fine. I know that because you said that when the radio operates properly, you can remove the key and open the door to stop the radio.
Yes but it only works when the yellow wire is connected to hand-made wire coming from the 7th fuse. Opening door doesn't shut down the clock display.

Fuses 3 and 7 should be 15A
Fuse 9 (your removed ACC) should be 7.5A (if its not already)
Fuses 19, 23, 26, 27 and 28 should be 10A
Yes, I know about that from the fuse box article, definitely gonna change that this weekend.

I get the feeling that you haven't got an owner manual. Yours is a US car, so you can get one from here:
Thank you!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@Doca

I followed the links you provided and checked my car for the recall, appears that my car is applicable for the recall to change the ignition coils and ECM programming ? Probably not, but could this somehow be connected with my problem?

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I can’t think of any other reason why things kind of work when it’s connected, but as soon as it’s reconnected to the OEM wire, it all breaks.

I’m thinking your issues are surrounding the need for that yellow wire.

The recalls wouldn’t effect it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts