Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Last Tuesday I became the proud owner of a 2018 Subaru Premium Crosstrek [base trim]. On my way back from the dealer I started noticing that my phone kept dropping off. After a couple of intermittent connect/disconnect the phone was unable to connect to the car until a reset. Same case with two other android phones models with latest updates. Even after starlink reset, it works good for about 20mnts and drops of and same behavior.

Tried looking for update option in the menu and found that I don't have WiFi option even show up. Does Crosstrek 2018 Premium base trim come without any Wifi? My current software version Rel_U0.18.43.20. I made an appointment with the dealer for a update on the software. Any word of advice would be great.

Thank you
Excited new owner

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
241 Posts
I think the OP is asking if he can perform over the air software updates to his Starlink system with his Premium. If so, the answer is no, it cannot connect to a WiFi network like the Limited trims can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the OP is asking if he can perform over the air software updates to his Starlink system with his Premium. If so, the answer is no, it cannot connect to a WiFi network like the Limited trims can.
Thanks Saint. Exactly what I wanted to know. WiFi feature is available only in Limited trims. Taking it to the dealer to do the update. Hopefully should resolve the Android auto disconnect.

Thanks.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
10,754 Posts
Thanks Saint. Exactly what I wanted to know. WiFi feature is available only in Limited trims. Taking it to the dealer to do the update. Hopefully should resolve the Android auto disconnect.

Thanks.
Yep. More info here:

Reactions: singulareng

·
Registered
145 Posts

Thanks.
i brought my 2019 base model ( 6 speed manual) to the dealer for routine maintainance and they updated Starlink while i was there , took about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to hear about your experience Saint.

Got my software updated! Was within the dealer warranty.. so no cost. Got free car wash along with it. Took about 2 hours. Phone/Android Auto hasn't dropped of since then. But Friday and the weekend is when I'll know how the update holds. Now got to put some miles in the car to make it a worthy Subaru.

Thanks Everyone!

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
10,754 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience Saint.

Got my software updated! Was within the dealer warranty.. so no cost. Got free car wash along with it. Took about 2 hours. Phone/Android Auto hasn't dropped of since then. But Friday and the weekend is when I'll know how the update holds. Now got to put some miles in the car to make it a worthy Subaru.

Thanks Everyone!
What version did you get?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts