Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Ya I can toggle back and forth between but I never leave it on the real time fuel consumption since it's all over the place. I will check my tires today and will try a different type of gas at the next fuel up
So, how much air was in each of your tires?

·
Registered
90 Posts
My last tank was 13.692 gallons on 329.6 miles (3363-3692.6) of mostly around the town driving and I had 23.607 MPG. That's with a 1.5" lift and 235/75 R15 BFG KO2s. So the exact mileage will be off just a smidge but you get the idea.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Separately, May want to try a different gas station than Costco (fuel dispenser may be off and / or your car's fuel mileage on that brand of fuel may be suffering)
+1 on the fuel dispenser being off.A while back a guy with a motor home was filling up.When I returned to my car I heard him say"how the hell does it take 34 gallons to fill a 32 gallon tank?"I don't know for sure but I would bet that he wasn't that close to running out either.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
We're lucky to get over 20mpg in LA traffic (calculated - not what the car thinks). There are lots of threads and posts here about it. One theory is the higher Ethanol content in the winter in LA. At the next fill up I may try to find some Ethanol-free gas and see what happens.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Got 418 on my last tank over 14.5 gallons on 70/30 highway good for about 28.8mpg, I think it just may be stop and go traffic that's affecting your mpg? I don't really deal with traffic, but if I'm in stop and go I'm babying the gas pedal

·
Registered
5 Posts
21/22 mpg

Hello first post here. I got my Crosstrek about a month and half ago and I'm about 1300 miles in. I do drive in LA traffic but not all the time. I'm getting about 21/22 mpg . I do use the fuelio application everytime I fill up. Is there something wrong with my car?

One thing I did notice is that my steering is lose and if I do move my hand off it does drift off pretty quick. Is this also normal since I was so use to driving a Mercedes c class sedan.

Thanks
My first response.
In Australia we abandoned Miles, and Gallons, decades ago. We measure kilometers and litres.
My 2018 XV has 7000+ kms on the clock and regularly averages 6.2 or 6.3 litres per 100 kilometres. Always two on board.
On a recent journey of 2000 kms over four days (interstate) we achieved 5.9 litres per 100 kilometres between two tank
refills. Two on board, plus luggage. I use 95 octane fuel. Don’t know why.
Subaru Australia Service Training Manager reckons I’m lucky to consistently achieve 6.2/6.3.
I am happy with that.
I don’t, but if you want to improve your consumption - take your accelerator shoe off. Drive with a bare or socked foot.
Good luck.

·
Registered
107 Posts
In Australia we abandoned Miles, and Gallons, decades ago. We measure kilometers and litres.
When I was in elementary school, we only learned the metric system because the US was abandoning imperial measurements. That was 40 years ago.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
When I was in elementary school, we only learned the metric system because the US was abandoning imperial measurements. That was 40 years ago.
Same here, then Britain decided to keep 20oz pints and miles but switch to metric for mass. I forget, how many kilometres are there in a fluid ounce? :D

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
Same here, then Britain decided to keep 20oz pints and miles but switch to metric for mass. I forget, how many kilometres are there in a fluid ounce? :D
Britain didn't completely switch over to metric for mass... they still use 'stones' for measuring mass which predates imperial.

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
They were just preparing the population when it eventually does happen in another century or so... You can never have enough prep time! :)

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Britain didn't completely switch over to metric for mass... they still use 'stones' for measuring mass which predates imperial.
You're right, I'd forgotten about that (been in California too long).

And, of course, in a British pub you can have a 20oz pint of beer or a 175ml glass of wine, whereas, here in the US, it's a 16oz pint or a 6oz pour from a 750ml bottle of wine... :unsure:

So, about those mpg... :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
“So about those mpg”

And, of course, in a British pub you can have a 20oz pint of beer or a 175ml glass of wine, whereas, here in the US, it's a 16oz pint or a 6oz pour from a 750ml bottle of wine... :unsure:

According to GOOGLE my 2018 XV consumption (@ 7000 km) of:
. 5.9 litres per 100 kilometres = 39.869 miles per US gallon,
or my more usual:
. 6.3 litres per 100 kilometres = 37.3356miles per US gallon.

Maybe we just achieve better fuel consumption in the Southern Hemisphere.
Less pressure maybe ?

My wife’s 3 yo, 1.4L, Turbo VW Petrol Golf regularly achieves 5.3 litres per 100 kilometers, running 95 octane fuel.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
According to GOOGLE my 2018 XV consumption (@ 7000 km) of:
. 5.9 litres per 100 kilometres = 39.869 miles per US gallon,
or my more usual:
. 6.3 litres per 100 kilometres = 37.3356miles per US gallon.

Maybe we just achieve better fuel consumption in the Southern Hemisphere.
Less pressure maybe ?

My wife’s 3 yo, 1.4L, Turbo VW Petrol Golf regularly achieves 5.3 litres per 100 kilometers, running 95 octane fuel.
Are you sure that's correct (and I don't mean the conversion math). In the US, the 18 Crosstrek is rated by the EPA at 33mpg for highway driving and, by all accounts, that's considered optimistic and only achievable under ideal conditions.

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts

Forget about the number of oz in a pint of beer... you actually get real beer in Britain vs. the lite stuff that gets passed off as beer (and I'm not talking about Miller Lite, Bud Lite.... but the actual Miller and Bud). :)

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Forget about the number of oz in a pint of beer... you actually get real beer in Britain vs. the lite stuff that gets passed off as beer (and I'm not talking about Miller Lite, Bud Lite.... but the actual Miller and Bud). :)
Yes, much higher octane, LOL!

Were just getting some local breweries around here making it, too. The Knack and I sampled some in Torrance last month.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts