Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Needed to pull the Crawford Baja AOS off for pending dealer visit. Found it heavier than when installed. Only 2500 miles with it on 2.5 liter Crosstrek.
Poured a 1/4 oz of thin View attachment 312935 reddish looking oil from AOS. No water. Must be heavily baffled, had to rotate and twist to extract a little more several times. Flushed unit from top port with brake cleaner and then from lower port. Discolored brake cleaner is all that came out.
Engine has not used any measurable oil in 4100 miles since last oil change. Will be on 6000 OCI for next three. Plan on catching the oil to monitor color and viscosity. Plus volume.
Are you seldom revving your engine beyond 4k rpm?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Yes, car seldom revs to 3,000 rpm. Purchased car for long highway trips.
In the long drive from Houston to Nashville the highest I saw was around 2300 rpm. That was climbing a grade at 75 mph. Around here it is 1800 rpm at 75.
The CVT works as promised. Reduces oil slinging.
Yep, so it confirms my observation that the problem with Crosstrek PCV is on high rpm, I can smell oil burning when accelerate until redline and slow down. With AOS it reduce the smell, but still happen.When I rev often, my AOS contains about half cup of oil. However recently when I drive leisurely, I can tell the carbon deposit does not accumulate that fast and the engine maintain the quiet note of the engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts