Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I noticed large cracks around my moonroof. I bought this new in December. Check out the photos. I texted the photos to my salesman but have not heard from him yet. Anybody else have something like this before.
subaru 3.jpg
subaru2.jpg
subaru 3.jpg
subaru2.jpg

·
Registered
187 Posts
It does look like a residue line that dirt is sticking to. Did you try cleaning a small area?

Reactions: Kman

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeah, it looked like residue from the protective wraps they use during transport. I noticed in your photos that the lines were broken up in some spots which led me to think that was the case. Some degreaser will help take that off. I use hydrosilex rewind and it helps prep the surface before i add ceramic or wax.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Seems like a bad new car sales prep job if they left the residue on there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I picked it up there were little pieces of the hood wrap peeking out from under the hood. The salesman was not happy.

·
Registered
385 Posts
When I picked it up there were little pieces of the hood wrap peeking out from under the hood. The salesman was not happy.
I saw the same thing along the edge of my hood when I went to prep it for ceramic coating. They didn't even fully charge my car when I picked it up.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Bad prep job. I would send a note to your salesman and cc the owner or....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I fear that the prep departments are pressured into a quick turn around and they too often overlook or completely skip things. When I picked up my car in January the prep guy threw the floor mats in after finishing the car and parking it. He forgot to push them under the accelerator pedal making for an interesting first impression when I took delivery since it was already dark by the time I got the car! Thankfully cars have rev limiters now. Back in the day, the engine might have grenaded first!

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,095 Posts
Sill plugs are often not installed...

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limted
54 Posts
Ordered my Ltd. Without a moonroof... No covered parking in the middle of a Fir/Pine/Spruce forest.. and I rarely do any stargazing while driving.
I've also often wondered regarding safety issues with moon/sun roofs in the event of a rollover accident.

·
Registered
2021 Sport 2.5 cvt
74 Posts
Ordered my Ltd. Without a moonroof... No covered parking in the middle of a Fir/Pine/Spruce forest.. and I rarely do any stargazing while driving.
I've also often wondered regarding safety issues with moon/sun roofs in the event of a rollover accident.
I love having a moonroof. I am very much a fresh air while driving kind of person. Windows cracked can be loud sometimes. The moonroof tilted open really has no noise but you can feel the effect of it with the windows cracked, takes away the buffeting effect. Also with the dash vents open you can feel better circulation with the moonroof cracked almost like a vacuum effect. At night I drive with the roof fully open often and again just adds a sense of fresh air and openness to the vehicle.
Not sure a roll over would be any more at risk. The piece of thin metal in place of the glass can’t be much stronger.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Automotive steel is around 550 MPa (almost 80,000psi) and automotive glass is around 70 MPa (10,000psi)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts