Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
@SubieSubieDo you SO crack me up! 😸

There is almost no chance that Kayne West can even qualify for the ballot, let alone win enough Electoral College votes (which Trump won, although he lost the popular vote by a remarkable 3 million votes). Many states' primaries have already closed.
Oh thank goodness for that.
Great names for the kitttens. Another man with a soothing voice. Speaking of which, it turns out The Car Cleaning Guru is the Nigella Lawson of detailing no entendre left undoubled

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Deaths are 1/3 per day compared to a month ago. Old people need to stay home and let the world move on. For the recording I wear a mask any time I a m in public.

·
Registered
125 Posts
We've been waiting for our local bowling alley to re-open.

Received notice on 07.01 that they were back in business.

Only to receive another e-mail 30 minutes later saying 'Just Kidding'... As Gov Newsom had issued orders to close up again.

At least they extended our KidsPlayFree program through the end of the year. (KidsBowlFree in other areas)

C.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,886 Posts
Beaches are closed! Beaches are open! Beaches are closed again! 😸

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
125 Posts
The school district for my minions offered us two choices. One with vague terms...

Online only, or hybrid... ~Two days on campus, three at home.

We have until July 19th to decide which option to torment our kids with. - School starts August 13th.

Still waiting on better details for the hybrid program... I have a strong suspicion they're waiting on OC Board of Education meeting today to see how parents react to the suggested guidelines...

I'd say fire up the popcorn machine, but I am tired of popcorn.

C.

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Drove out to Whistler yesterday for some hiking. Traffic was busy as ever, and so was Whistler. Downhill mtn biking is in full swing now, and I saw lots of car plates from the US with bike racks on them. They are certainly not enroute to Alaska!! The village was crowded with people, too, mostly young people, and very little social distancing or masks. Only some of the older folks and families were trying to social distance, but was kind of hard with so many people crowding the area. Shops, restaurants, bars, all open, with covid guideline signs, but little evidence of people following them.

Seems to be a big diff between young people, and older folks and families, in how these guidelines are followed. This is very different too, than back home, where people are still careful walking to avoid others.

So if this virus is going to get spread here again, I can certainly see how. There was an alarming news story about a new outbreak at some downtown Vancouver strip clubs,... figures. The movie industry started up again here last month, and apparently the actors, crews, etc from CA are allowed in for this business (border crossing for commercial business is allowed). These strips clubs have quite the reputation, and a lot of out of towners like to go there. So not surprised. Will have to keep a close watch on our covid stats here. I would not be surprised to see more cases again.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium; 2010 LGT stage 2+
351 Posts
Not AZ tho...

I'm working from home with some mild symptoms that came on last week. Four people in my office got it in the last week or so. It's probably just a regular 48 hour cold, but we're being careful.I did my test today and it's really not as bad as some people make it sound.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
There was a raging party here at the weekend. Millennials. No masks. WTF!?

Not sure what to think anymore. I hope they don't kill their grandma...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yeah there's several families with little kids at my apartment complex that swim and play at the pool daily. No masks. That just seems reckless.
Do you mean millennials or young people? I find it funny how some people like to identify all young people as millennials even though they probably mean zoomers, or just youths. My boss and I sometimes get talked at by others in the construction field about how millennials are lazy, entitled, et cetra fairly often and they don't seem to realize that we're both millennials. The youngest millennials were born in '96.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah there's several families with little kids at my apartment complex that swim and play at the pool daily. No masks. That just seems reckless.
Do you mean millennials or young people? I find it funny how some people like to identify all young people as millennials even though they probably mean zoomers, or just youths. My boss and I sometimes get talked at by others in the construction field about how millennials are lazy, entitled, et cetra fairly often and they don't seem to realize that we're both millennials. The youngest millennials were born in '96.
yup...and how they're the ones that say millennials can't drive stick. I thought (in CA) public/community pools were open? Heck we had people jumping the fence when it was closed a few months ago. Same people that didn't wear masks. People are going to do what they want and look..consequences like closing the state again.

Stay safe out there.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
You're right, I didn't check all of their IDs... 😸

I've read some articles about COVID-19 that refer to millenials (and Gen Z) as being the least likely to stay home, social distance, etc. So that's where that came from. Property prices and rents around here are insane so there tend not to be very young adults, starving college students, etc. The younger crowd seems to be mostly tech and entertainment industry workers who are established enough to buy or rent a place in the beach cities here, not the 24 and unders.

Mask wearing doesn't seem to be a generational thing around here, it's more political. Orange County's Director of health got death threats and eventually resigned due to the outrage over her mask mandate. Governor Newsom then made it a state-wide order. I see more people wearing masks in public now than I used to but it's still only a half to two-thirds of people

Reactions: smart_alex

·
Registered
351 Posts
It's very political here too, which is something that is hard for me to comprehend. But then again, some of the guys I work with are anti seat belt... and don't get them started on airbags and crumple zones.

I actually get the "millennials can't drive stick" thing kind of often. Until this year, it was with me driving a manual Subaru with a heavy clutch. A lot of that millennial stereotype stuff doesn't seem to be rooted in reality, except for craft beer. We are disproportionately likely to be beer snobs.
I enjoy the ones that are contradictory, like the idea that we splurge on avocados and truffle salt, but are killing fast casual dining. Like, maybe Applebee's just sucks and the costs of eating out adds up fast. So we're both fiscally irresponsible and fiscally responsible and we're responsible for the free market killing some crappy franchises. Blarg.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
It's very political here too, which is something that is hard for me to comprehend. But then again, some of the guys I work with are anti seat belt... and don't get them started on airbags and crumple zones.

I actually get the "millennials can't drive stick" thing kind of often. Until this year, it was with me driving a manual Subaru with a heavy clutch. A lot of that millennial stereotype stuff doesn't seem to be rooted in reality, except for craft beer. We are disproportionately likely to be beer snobs.
I enjoy the ones that are contradictory, like the idea that we splurge on avocados and truffle salt, but are killing fast casual dining. Like, maybe Applebee's just sucks and the costs of eating out adds up fast. So we're both fiscally irresponsible and fiscally responsible and we're responsible for the free market killing some crappy franchises. Blarg.
Funny, I was anti-seatbelt as a youngster, having learned to drive in the UK when there was no seatbelt law. The frontal lobes don't fully develop in men until the late 20s and we think we're invincible. Sadly, even though young people are less likely to be seriously affected by COVID-19 and don't feel concerned about it, they are more likely to be asymptomatic spreaders, and then they transmit it to an older grocery store clerk, for example, who could die from it.

LOL, the avocado toast thing. We haven't gone out to eat since the beginning of March. Not good for the local businesses but our credit card bills are a lot lower than they used to be. Don't think I've ever gone to an Applebees. Not our scene, either.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Funny, I was anti-seatbelt as a youngster, having learned to drive in the UK when there was no seatbelt law. The frontal lobes don't fully develop in men until the late 20s and we think we're invincible.
lol..I guess I was an exception. I put seat belts in the family's cars in 1962. I actually made my gf at the time wear them for the 3 years we dated. Of course when we went "parking" the seat belts came off. ;)

181 - 200 of 215 Posts