Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
606 Posts
@ Diode Dynamics

Your backup bulbs aren't allowed officially in Germany because they don't have any Europian test mark required by the EU laws.
Nevertheless I would like to order a pair to increase the intensity of the stock rear running lights.

Therefore my two questions:
1) Do you know the value of luminosity of the stock backup bulbs?
By that value I would have a better opportunity to decide, if I choose the bulbs with 210 or 410 lumens and especially to rate, if it's too easy to detect your bulbs on occasion of the mandatory general inspection in two and a half years.

2) Do you have any feedbacks by European or German customers about that whole matter?

Many thanks in advance for your answers.
1. The lumen output of your OEM 921 bulbs will depend on the age of the bulbs, but typically a new 921 incandescent bulb will produce around 210 lumens. That number decreases steadily as the filament wears down through the lifespan of the bulb.

2. We have had no reports from EU customers in regards to any of these concerns. If you are concerned about mandatory inspections, I recommend leaving your XV completely original.

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Site Sponsor
606 Posts
Is there a bulb list for 2018?
This forum thread has a lot of information from helpful members on the forum. As I've mentioned, new site, busiest time of the year, we are still working on the XV listings. It's in the plans to bring an '18 in here in the future.

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bulb Placement--------------------------------Part #
Back Up Light Bulb-------------------------------921
Brake Light Bulb---------------------------------7443CK
Center High Mount Stop Light Bulb----------------LED
Dome Light Bulb---------------------------------DE3175
Fog Light Bulb-----------------------------------2504
High Beam Headlight Bulb------------------------ 9005
Low Beam Headlight Bulb-------------------------H11
License Light Bulb-------------------------------168
Map Light Bulb----------------------------------DE3175
Parking Light Bulb-------------------------------168
Front Side Marker Light Bulb---------------------168
Rear Side Marker Light Bulb----------------------168
Tail Light Bulb-----------------------------------7443CK
Trunk or Cargo Area Light------------------------DE3022
Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb-----------------------7440A
Front Turn Signal Light Bulb----------------------7440A

I didn't see a list anywhere so I figured I'd post it up.
i think a there's a correction here.. i have an XV 2012.. the low headlight isn't 9005 but rather it's an H11.. and the high beam is D2R and not H11.. (PS: i was about to change my low beam and i bought H11.. unluckily when i opened the headlight cap, what i saw was a D2R bulb.. so i wasted money.. smh

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
i think a there's a correction here.. i have an XV 2012.. the low headlight isn't 9005 but rather it's an H11.. and the high beam is D2R and not H11.. (PS: i was about to change my low beam and i bought H11.. unluckily when i opened the headlight cap, what i saw was a D2R bulb.. so i wasted money.. smh
I wonder if there's a difference in different markets. I can't say for sure as mine came with HIDs!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am thinking of getting warmer and higher output for SRH headlights for 2018 XV -- anyone know how to take out and replace these, and what type? Looking at the thing does not make it immediately obvious how to change bulbs.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Evening Nick

Need some help, any issues from folks with MY 18 7440 Reverse lighting, namely bulbs keep falling out of the intended socket, gets tricky the first time you have to fish one out, but I hate to say it I am getting rather good at it " Hence the Troutbum Moniker " :eek:ccasion14:

I have tried several times to push the contacts tighter inside the light sockets, but the # of times I have now done this can't be good for the OE wiring socket (only 4K on the odometer and this is happening once a week now, close the lid and one or the other falls out ????)

Help

Troutbum

·
Site Sponsor
606 Posts
Evening Nick

Need some help, any issues from folks with MY 18 7440 Reverse lighting, namely bulbs keep falling out of the intended socket, gets tricky the first time you have to fish one out, but I hate to say it I am getting rather good at it " Hence the Troutbum Moniker " :eek:ccasion14:

I have tried several times to push the contacts tighter inside the light sockets, but the # of times I have now done this can't be good for the OE wiring socket (only 4K on the odometer and this is happening once a week now, close the lid and one or the other falls out ????)

Help

Troutbum
Hello Troutbum,

They are produced with the same base size as the OEM halogen bulbs. There shouldn't be any issues with them clicking in place, unless you've removed and re-installed them enough to loosen the socket.

Please feel free to contact us for more tips in securing them: [email protected]

You should feel a nice "click" in place once installed correctly.

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Can't say I hear or feel a click when they are in place, all I know is I am getting rather edgy about closing the tailgate "Too Hard"
fearing the bulbs will Fall Out !!

I have Morimoto XV 7440 (Canadian Source) their suggestion was to simply bend the contact strips,making it a tighter grip on the bulb, but so far it is 7-10 days Max before they fall out. No issue plugging the OE 921' s back in (other than very Dull Light)..

Troutbum

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Hello Troutbum,

They are produced with the same base size as the OEM halogen bulbs. There shouldn't be any issues with them clicking in place, unless you've removed and re-installed them enough to loosen the socket.

Please feel free to contact us for more tips in securing them: [email protected]

You should feel a nice "click" in place once installed correctly.

Thanks!
Nick C.
Thanks for the Help Nick

Tinkered with both sockets(ever so slightly) and could feel, and hear the LED base Click into place,my thoughts were fiddled with the socket enough to "Prevent the bulb from Seating properly"..

Now it is Firmly Rooted in the socket, Tested operation and put trim back on the car.

Again my Thanks Nick

Chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
I may have missed it, so forgive my vision, but can anyone tell me the size and designation of the vanity light in the sun visors of my '18 CT Limited ? I want to replace what I think are festoon lights with LEDs with a white lightthem with

61 - 75 of 75 Posts