Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
2018 Light bulb chart.jpg 2018 lights diagram.jpg

Here are the 2018 model light bulb chart & diagram.

·
Site Sponsor
606 Posts
the reverse LEDs i got from Diode Dynamics work great but the rear red side marker LEDS from DD started flickering after a month so i took them out. They didn’t cost enough to bother returning. i’d really like the daytime LED option for the front headlight / parking light assembly that’s not too expensive. Any recommendations and/or pics from the forum would be really appreciated thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sorry to hear that about your sidemarkers!

Send us a PM with your email or order number and I will send you an upgraded replacement set 100% free of charge.

Thank you!
Nick C.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that about your sidemarkers!

Send us a PM with your email or order number and I will send you an upgraded replacement set 100% free of charge.

Thank you!
Nick C.
I need you guys to stock a cargo LED for the 2018 Crosstrek! I can't stand how dim and yellow the stock bulb is. The coverage is pathetic.

trunkstock.jpg

·
Registered
925 Posts
I need you guys to stock a cargo LED for the 2018 Crosstrek! I can't stand how dim and yellow the stock bulb is. The coverage is pathetic.

View attachment 240898
Careful. With the 13-17 models, putting a DD led in there caused issues with keyfob.

Subi really needs to fix this cargo issue. Been going on for too long. Forester has a nice aftermarket solution, crosstrek trickier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bulb Placement--------------------------------Part #
Back Up Light Bulb-------------------------------921
Brake Light Bulb---------------------------------7443CK
Center High Mount Stop Light Bulb----------------LED
Dome Light Bulb---------------------------------DE3175
Fog Light Bulb-----------------------------------2504
High Beam Headlight Bulb------------------------ 9005
Low Beam Headlight Bulb-------------------------H11
License Light Bulb-------------------------------168
Map Light Bulb----------------------------------DE3175
Parking Light Bulb-------------------------------168
Front Side Marker Light Bulb---------------------168
Rear Side Marker Light Bulb----------------------168
Tail Light Bulb-----------------------------------7443CK
Trunk or Cargo Area Light------------------------DE3022
Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb-----------------------7440A
Front Turn Signal Light Bulb----------------------7440A

I didn't see a list anywhere so I figured I'd post it up.
Just a head's up. I bought H11s to replace a burnt out low beam. My car has the sport trim, so I needed a D2R instead. Now I don't know what to do with the H11s

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Oops! ... duh.gif ... I just discovered that the 921 bulb - in my case a 921 XP50 from Diode Dynamics - is NOT the correct backup light for the MY18 Crosstrek. ... dunce.gif

The correct bulb size is 7443. So, now I'm going to try again; this time with an XP80 LED Cool White from Diode Dynamics (DD0116P). ... magnify.gif

Live and learn! ... :eek:ccasion14:

Gerry ... glasses-slip.gif

·
Site Sponsor
606 Posts
Oops! ... View attachment 250657 ... I just discovered that the 921 bulb - in my case a 921 XP50 from Diode Dynamics - is NOT the correct backup light for the MY18 Crosstrek. ... View attachment 250665

The correct bulb size is 7443. So, now I'm going to try again; this time with an XP80 LED Cool White from Diode Dynamics (DD0116P). ... View attachment 250673

Live and learn! ... :eek:ccasion14:

Gerry ... View attachment 250681
Gerry,

If you've ordered 921 from us and need 7440/3, please give us a call and we will setup a hassle free exchange at no cost to you: (314) 205-3033

We are updating all of the listings on our brand new website as well!

Thank you,
Nick C.

·
Banned
604 Posts
A request here on the forum seems to be the quickest way for me, therefore my request

@ Diode Dynamics

What are the shipping costs to Germany for a pair of backup bulbs for the XV/Crosstrek 2017?
What is the order number for these bulbs? I can't find an order number on your website. (Not the bulbs for the new model 2018).

·
Site Sponsor
606 Posts
A request here on the forum seems to be the quickest way for me, therefore my request

@ Diode Dynamics

What are the shipping costs to Germany for a pair of backup bulbs for the XV/Crosstrek 2017?
What is the order number for these bulbs? I can't find an order number on your website. (Not the bulbs for the new model 2018).
A calculated shipping total will be provided at the checkout page prior to entering your order. It's based on weight & your address.

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Gerry, If you've ordered 921 from us and need 7440/3, please give us a call and we will setup a hassle free exchange at no cost to you: (314) 205-3033 We are updating all of the listings on our brand new website as well! Thank you, Nick C.
Thank you, Nick! I called yesterday and a member of your team did exactly that - arranged for a hassle free exchange. I gotta tell ya, you guys are a great company to work with, that's for sure.

I truly appreciate the service you product and service you provide.

Gerry

·
Banned
604 Posts
@ Diode Dynamics

Sorry, I've one more question, before I will order your bulbs:
On your website you offer 3 bulbs with different luminosity, 92 lumens, 210 lumens and 410 lumens.
In the below picture on your website you show and compare the luminance of the OEM bulbs and your bulbs. How many lumens have your bulbs, you used in this comparison? 92, 210 or 410 lumens?

·
Site Sponsor
606 Posts
@ Diode Dynamics

Sorry, I've one more question, before I will order your bulbs:
On your website you offer 3 bulbs with different luminosity, 92 lumens, 210 lumens and 410 lumens.
In the below picture on your website you show and compare the luminance of the OEM bulbs and your bulbs. How many lumens have your bulbs, you used in this comparison? 92, 210 or 410 lumens?
The lumen output increases as you select the higher priced items. We have pictures showcasing each bulb model.

Feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions: [email protected]

We want to make sure you are taken care of!

Thank you,
Nick C.

·
Banned
604 Posts
Many thanks for your very fast answer.
Seemingly I was a little bit blind - I just detected it, you wrote under the shown picture "XP50", these are the bulbs with 410 lumens.

·
Banned
604 Posts
@ Diode Dynamics

Your backup bulbs aren't allowed officially in Germany because they don't have any Europian test mark required by the EU laws.
Nevertheless I would like to order a pair to increase the intensity of the stock rear running lights.

Therefore my two questions:
1) Do you know the value of luminosity of the stock backup bulbs?
By that value I would have a better opportunity to decide, if I choose the bulbs with 210 or 410 lumens and especially to rate, if it's too easy to detect your bulbs on occasion of the mandatory general inspection in two and a half years.

2) Do you have any feedbacks by European or German customers about that whole matter?

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts