Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
606 Posts
Nick I have a 2015 crosstrek hybrid, I want to convert my front and rear side markers plus C-lights

to led. I want bright Crisp lights should I use all cool white leds or White- Amber - Red. Should I use

194 or 168 leds. Please advise i been going drazy trying to figure the out Thanks
194 and 168 are the same thing

Your XV uses a combination of 194 bulbs and 31mm festoon sized bulbs for the interior, c-light, and license plate locations

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just FYI: I replaced the OEM fog light bulbs on my 2015 Crosstrek, and they are H11's. I also saw the 2504 on the Osram/Sylvania site, wasn't at the time able to locate such a bulb. So I pulled the OEM and it showed H11 on the back of the bulb connector. So before going on a search for said bulb, pull it and check it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What does the rear side marker do? I added in 194LEDs to the front parking light aka "boomerang/C" light and love it. I'm probably going to change the backup 921 bulb for LED too....but was wondering what the side marker does and if adding in a 194LED to that makes a difference?

Also, I can't find a video to replace the headlights on a 15 crosstrek, but looking at the 2014 wrx/impreza which is similar, it looks like both the low beam & high beam can be accessed without having to remove the headlight assembly from the car, is that correct? I know you have the slightly remove the air filter/loop thing but that's easy. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
can someone confirm if the 2016 subaru crosstrek Limited also has the H11 bulbs for the low beams ??
i am looking to replace them with H11 LED bulbs so that i can get more lumens. the factory bulbs are very pathetic with only about 1000 lumens.

·
Site Sponsor
606 Posts
can someone confirm if the 2016 subaru crosstrek Limited also has the H11 bulbs for the low beams ??
i am looking to replace them with H11 LED bulbs so that i can get more lumens. the factory bulbs are very pathetic with only about 1000 lumens.
The factory Halogen lights will perform better than any LED low-beam replacement currently on the market. Regardless of "advertised" lumen outputs, optically speaking, the LED replacements won't produce a better hotspot.

Nick C.

·
Site Sponsor
606 Posts
can you please check my post and reply. thank yo
If you have factory equipped HID lighting, that is the correct sized replacement for your XV

Feel free to give us a call for more information or assistance: (314) 205-3033

You'll want to make sure you get a true D2R vs. a D2S. D2S is for projector style housings, D2R is for reflector style. They both fit, but the D2R has a shield on it to reduce glare in the reflector style housing vs. the D2S which doesn't.

Thank you,
Nick C.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Can someone confirm which bulbs are the ones in the upper right, almost outside on the tail lights? They can be seen while driving at night in the side view mirrors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
correction

Bulb Placement--------------------------------Part #
Back Up Light Bulb-------------------------------921
Brake Light Bulb---------------------------------7443
Center High Mount Stop Light Bulb----------------LED
Dome Light Bulb---------------------------------DE3175
Fog Light Bulb-----------------------------------2504
High Beam Headlight Bulb------------------------ 9005
Low Beam Headlight Bulb-------------------------H11
License Light Bulb-------------------------------168
Map Light Bulb----------------------------------DE3175
Parking Light Bulb-------------------------------168
Front Side Marker Light Bulb---------------------168
Rear Side Marker Light Bulb----------------------168
Tail Light Bulb-----------------------------------7443
Trunk or Cargo Area Light------------------------DE3022
Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb-----------------------7440A
Front Turn Signal Light Bulb----------------------7440A

I didn't see a list anywhere so I figured I'd post it up.
This list is great! I however have found that the lowbeam light is the 9005 and the high beam is the H11 in my 2013.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
This list is great! I however have found that the lowbeam light is the 9005 and the high beam is the H11 in my 2013.
The 9005 is a 65 watt high beam and the H11 is a 55 watt low beam.

·
Registered
287 Posts
According to the MY13 manual, the list is correct...

View attachment 223857
Can someone correct the rear taillights/brake from 7443 to 7443CK for 2013-2017 (at least for LED and USDM)? This could have saved many blown fuses, heart tremors, christmas tree dash.
As far as the 7440 blinkers, I did not specify "CK" on these 7440 JDM ASTAR LEDs on my 2014 and they have been working flawless with DDs LED flasher since Mar 2015. Very bright. Too bright?

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Information to most of the new folks on here, if you Choose DD,Prolightz(Canada) or another Reliable LED Retailer ( Not Cheap Made in China) products
the CK issue Has Been addressed with the latest Cree, and Morimoto brand Bulbs IMHO

Reputable Co's put in the R/D to make sure we Get the Best Product:eusa_clap:

Give them a try, You will only be changing the Bulbs once:wink:

Great Product,Service, Warranty :eek:ccasion14:

Troutbum

·
Registered
287 Posts
the CK issue Has Been addressed with the latest Cree, and Morimoto brand Bulbs IMHO
Not when we still have recent posts such as: Be Warned.... The point being is that even if they are searching for bulbs, search the correct bulbs via 7443CK. If the search is for just 7443, well then, it's anybody's guess.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Not when we still have recent posts such as: Be Warned.... The point being is that even if they are searching for bulbs, search the correct bulbs via 7443CK. If the search is for just 7443, well then, it's anybody's guess.
Yep. I missed the CK, I only found the info fir 7443. It seems some retailers don't even know that CK exist. Many online guides didn't reference the CK either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the reverse LEDs i got from Diode Dynamics work great but the rear red side marker LEDS from DD started flickering after a month so i took them out. They didn’t cost enough to bother returning. i’d really like the daytime LED option for the front headlight / parking light assembly that’s not too expensive. Any recommendations and/or pics from the forum would be really appreciated thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
925 Posts
the reverse LEDs i got from Diode Dynamics work great but the rear red side marker LEDS from DD started flickering after a month so i took them out. They didn’t cost enough to bother returning. i’d really like the daytime LED option for the front headlight / parking light assembly that’s not too expensive. Any recommendations and/or pics from the forum would be really appreciated thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Subispeed probably has harnesses.

Though it'd probably be easier to wire it up as on with ignition rather than DRL when transmission is put in Drive.

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
Can someone correct the rear taillights/brake from 7443 to 7443CK for 2013-2017 (at least for LED and USDM)? This could have saved many blown fuses, heart tremors, christmas tree dash.
As far as the 7440 blinkers, I did not specify "CK" on these 7440 JDM ASTAR LEDs on my 2014 and they have been working flawless with DDs LED flasher since Mar 2015. Very bright. Too bright?
Added the 'CK' as well as updated the pre-fix for this thread to note the '12 to '17 model years.

Someone with an '18+ model will need to provide a listing of bulbs used so that it could be stickied separately.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts