Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Crosstrek/Hybrid sat for a while and the battery was so dead I had to use my valet key to get in. I jumped it, turned it off and back on again after the battery charged and it seemed fine so I used my fob to lock it. When I tried to drive it again I was completely locked out. Not even my valet key will work and there is no way to open the hood to replace the battery (as far as I know) other than pulling the trunk release inside the car. Which doesn't help me at all if I cant even get into it. Is this a problem anyone else has experienced or learned how to deal with; other than taking it in somewhere? I need it asap and no shops I know of are open on Sunday.

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
Most tow truck drivers can get into your car without the keys as that's what they do when some locks their keys in the car - they might nick a bit of the finish on the driver's window however but they can get in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
rlouie
Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
At Subaru XV Forum you'll find fellow Subaru XV Enthusiasts to help perfect that Subaru Crosstrek Build, or share all kinds of information about this Subaru from its specs to its design.
Full Forum Listing