Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
A discussion that grew out of the 2020 Crosstrek Announcement Master thread about the XV new colour, and when colours are en Vogue, Dated and Retro. Ladies and Gentleman - your pictures please. 馃惃

Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
I loved my 1969 Karmann Ghia and the color, British racing green. How I miss that car all these years later. It was all that was great about being young. Three speed centrifugal clutch! Air cooled which pretty much meant no heat in the Buffalo winters. But I didn't care, that rear weighted engine got me through places snow plows got stuck. I don't have any photos but it was similar to this one. Tan "leatherette" interior!

Registered
1994, dark metallic green (still gorgeous) with 312 km on the odometer when I got her, brand new, in 96鈥. My first ever mod was an in dash cassette player with a 10 disk cd changer in the trunk, next to a 1 farad capacitor, an extra battery and 4 15鈥 cast iron subwoofers. I still have the subs and my old amps.

This pic was taken on 16 Jan 06, with 266,255.05 km and my new VW only a few spots away. The tow truck would arrive for her only a few hours later. Sad day, I loved that car. She was a trooper. Lots of abuse, little money to maintain but she held together until some electrical fault that I couldn鈥檛 trace but it still ran great.

Thought I had a pic of my 85鈥 Hyundai Stellar but I don鈥榯 so here鈥檚 some of it. The shift knob is from my second car, an 86鈥 Stellar that I bought a parts car. The stellar was bought in 85鈥 by my dad. I bought if for $100 in 93鈥 and worked on it until I could drive it farther than the church parking lot across the street. Not because it couldn鈥檛 make it, because I was 14. Its odometer rolled 3 times in its life, before an old lady left a stop sign way to early and dropped my bumper 6鈥 in early Dec 95鈥. It鈥檚 not as impressive as you may think. The odometer only went as high a 99,999.9 but still..... 300,000 km.

Not my dash but here鈥檚 what it looked like.

Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
Long before 8-tracks became the newest and hottest thing I had a 4-track and two speakers installed in my '69 Chevy Impala convertible (dark green.) It already had a radio that had an upfront speaker and a rear speaker in the back seats. Thought I was REALLY stylin'. When I had a stereo cassette player installed in my Ghia my friends thought I was the Elon Musk of my day!

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
1994, dark metallic green (still gorgeous) with 312 km on the odometer when I got her, brand new, in 96鈥. My first ever mod was an in dash cassette player with a 10 disk cd changer in the trunk, next to a 1 farad capacitor, an extra battery and 4 15鈥 cast iron subwoofers. I still have the subs and my old amps.

This pic was taken on 16 Jan 06, with 266,255.05 km and my new VW only a few spots away. The tow truck would arrive for her only a few hours later. Sad day, I loved that car. She was a trooper. Lots of abuse, little money to maintain but she held together until some electrical fault that I couldn鈥檛 trace but it still ran great.

Not my dash but here鈥檚 what it looked like.

View attachment 300736
A beauty @Doca More Moderne than Retro. So far the dark greens and blues seem to be the stayers.

Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
I repainted my '74 Spitfire 1500 beige. It was in vogue in the early '80's when I got the car, in need of a paint job. And I stuck orange go-faster stripes down the side... 馃樃

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I repainted my '74 Spitfire 1500 beige. It was in vogue in the early '80's when I got the car, in need of a paint job. And I stuck orange go-faster stripes down the side... 馃樃
Ah yes. I remember things being very 'peachy' in the '80s

Registered
Yep! Beige was so much more exciting than boring old blue back then, LOL.

Registered
A beauty @Doca More Moderne than Retro. So far the dark greens and blues seem to be the stayers.
The 90鈥檚 will be retro soon enough, I鈥檓 just getting ahead of the curve.;)
All my real retro pics are in dust covered books somewhere in my parents basement.

How about the ole 38鈥 Auburn? It was hiding above my shop bench. Wish I had quick access to the other gems I had growing up such as the 78鈥 Olds 442, 38鈥 Ford T-bucket with a chromed up 350, 55鈥 Nash 鈥淭hree on the tree鈥, any of our CASCARs, the 68鈥 and 72鈥 Chev Nova 鈥渢wins鈥, etc, but it鈥檚 not blue or green :)

Registered
Around the time I was painting my Spitfire beige, my dad had a Jaguar XJ12L that was pink! The color was called Highland Heather or something like that. I don't have easy access to the actual pics right now but it look like this:

Registered
This was my first car as an adult. My parents got it for me, needed to attend graduate school. I miss my Colt! No power, lots of repair issues. I found this Youtube video; that is my little guy, same maroon paint color, same pinstripes! The car color is timeless, that little Dodge branded Mitsubishi is as well. Sigh.

Registered
During the 25+ years I've lived on the Westside of Los Angeles, I've seen, maybe, three Triumph Spitfires (my first car) and maybe one 1500. Saw this one today, and it was yellow!

OAK commented how tiny it looked compared to the "SUV" next to it (a Range Rover - standard equipment for the shopping malls around here).

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
During the 25+ years I've lived on the Westside of Los Angeles, I've seen, maybe, three Triumph Spitfires (my first car) and maybe one 1500. Saw this one today, and it was yellow!
OAK commented how tiny it looked compared to the "SUV" next to it (a Range Rover - standard equipment for the shopping malls around here).
Safety Yellow!!! Car Color and Crash Risk | Citywide Law Group

1 - 20 of 22 Posts