Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Updated check last picture for ref: have to remove the steering column in order to have access to a flare nut at the top of the master cylinder. We'll, this is BS.

So it's been a shitty week for me. 114K miles and master cylinder gave out. The more shitty part is Subaru decided to change out the master cylinder mounted from the engine bay by a two bolt flange into this cylinder attached inside the car, see 2nd pic. As of current, there's no aftermarket for these. This doesn't include 1st gen treks and pre 2017 5 speed impreza. You guys have the same as VA wrxs. But for 2017 impreza 5MT and 2018+ 6MT. This is what you have to deal with. I'm currently subscribed to their STIS website, $34 per 3 days subscription.

Based on location, I have to remove the whole brake/clutch pedals supporting frames, just to remove the cylinder. Upon removal of spool, we found dirt. Seals appears to be intact, so after tomorrow, hopefully I could get it removed and re assemble the master cylinder.

IG 📸

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
1,330 Posts
How do you know it's the master cylinder that was the problem? Did the clutch fall to the floor with the ability to "pump it up" to get it to temporarily work? Could also be the slave cylinder, no?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts