Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
new here and looking for help and guidance.
i'm a new owner of a used 2016 crosstrek. as of recently, my steering wheel has been making a clicking noise when i turn in either direction. i can't seem to figure out why or if there may be something caught, but i haven't found anything. i've also noticed that the buttons on the wheel (to turn volume up/down, set cruise control, etc.) aren't functioning. my airbag light, in red has also gone off. not sure if it's all connected. assuming the buttons may be a shorted fuse.
thanks for the help!

·
Registered
655 Posts
It sounds like a broken clock spring to me.It allows the wires coming up the steering column and into the steering wheel to twist around left and right as you turn the wheel.You didn't mention it but does the horn work?I would bet not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like a broken clock spring to me.It allows the wires coming up the steering column and into the steering wheel to twist around left and right as you turn the wheel.You didn't mention it but does the horn work?I would bet not.
It was a broken clock spring! Was able to purchase the piece from the dealer and fix it myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts