Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2017 Subaru Crosstrek that I bought in March of last year. Since it has gotten much colder here, I have noticed a clicking noise when I drive, especially when going over bumpy parts of the road. It sounds like it is coming from the windshield. Is this common? Should I be concerned?

Thank you for your input!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've seen on youtube where it states that the problem is likely the dash speaker covers. You can cover the speaker cover hooks/latches with electrical tape or velcro to get rid of the rattle. It worked for my '18 Crosstrek too.

·
Premium Member
8,374 Posts
Winter is a little different than the speaker covers - you can also add a bit of weight to the covers with some mass loaded vinyl or Dynamat to cut down the vibration. Cracking or popping is generally where the windshield meets the edge and seal is shifting a bit due to the expansion and contraction of the three materials.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I've noticed that on my16 also! Definitely not from the speakers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's usually the driver side A-pillar. This is also a common issue in the WRX as well. The solution is to apply felt tape to the clips that hold the pillar on and give it a tighter fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found the annoying clicking sounds to be coming from the eyesight housing above the mirror at the windshield. Pressing the housing doesn't help. I think something is loose inside it. I'm hoping the subaru dealer can help. The sounds come at speeds usually above 50 on older, rougher roads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts