Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Crosstrek Limited with Eyesight
17 Posts
My blower was chirping while in the heating mode. Blower motor was swapped out by the dealer last week and chirping gone!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I printed out this thread and found my Gold Plus paperwork and my dealership took care of the chirping and all I had to pay was the deductible.The service manager couldn't hear it when he sat in my car, but I had taken a video of it and played it and the whole room was like "what is that!?" so he acquiesced.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Service guy said there is a TSB out for the fan motor Recall and ordered one for my 2018.
Question for all: So if there's a TSB/Recall for this blower motor, and my warranty is up, am I still covered for a replacement?

Mine's been sounding like a small cricket and very faint, so while I'm not annoyed, I would like to replace the blower if it's a motor issue. Based on the intermittence, and what I seem to hear as a scraping vs bearing squeal, could be temperature affecting plastics and tight tolerance between blades and shroud. While I don't think I have a blower-related cooling issue, this may explain it for those that are. An interference to the motor is more likely to cause a decrease in air movement than a squeaky bearing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question for all: So if there's a TSB/Recall for this blower motor, and my warranty is up, am I still covered for a replacement?

Mine's been sounding like a small cricket and very faint, so while I'm not annoyed, I would like to replace the blower if it's a motor issue. Based on the intermittence, and what I seem to hear as a scraping vs bearing squeal, could be temperature affecting plastics and tight tolerance between blades and shroud. While I don't think I have a blower-related cooling issue, this may explain it for those that are. An interference to the motor is more likely to cause a decrease in air movement than a squeaky bearing.
You shouldn't have to pay for service or parts on any recall.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have a question for the folks who have had the blower motor replaced a year or more ago ,, did the noise come back ? ,, the reason i am asking, my car does not have warranty , and basically has been on the road for a year , i don't mind buying a new blower motor ,but if the new one only last a year too , then it is not worth it .. thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
2013 crosstrek xv....65,000 miles... hvac condenser just went... same chirping noise as mentioned throughout this thread. My jersey city dealer wants $1,400 to fix it.. taking elsewhere... thieves!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a question for the folks who have had the blower motor replaced a year or more ago ,, did the noise come back ? ,, the reason i am asking, my car does not have warranty , and basically has been on the road for a year , i don't mind buying a new blower motor ,but if the new one only last a year too , then it is not worth it .. thanks for the help in advance
I have an 18 prem purchased new in March 2018, and this is my 3rd blower motor.. and the “hamster wheel” noise has unfortunately returned again. I’m going in for my 54k service in 2 weeks and will be requesting a new one yet again. From what I’ve heard, they have had many issues with them and have recently “upgraded the part from a different manufacturer”. I guess we shall see!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this really annoying high pitch chirp coming from the AC fan at slower speeds. If I turn up the speed it goes away and when I turn it down it takes a minute or to before it comes back. It’s really annoying. The car is still under warranty but if there’s a simple fix to try I’d rather go that route than deal with the dealership that is an hour away
I made a 1 inch square patch out of 4 layers of heavy duct tape and stuck it on the bottom center of the fan motor, right where the fan drive shaft is covered by a black round paper sticker. The bottom of the fan motor is completely exposed under the passenger side dash. Easy. It worked! 2017 Forester.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts