Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Crosstrek Limited with Eyesight
6 Posts
My blower was chirping while in the heating mode. Blower motor was swapped out by the dealer last week and chirping gone!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I printed out this thread and found my Gold Plus paperwork and my dealership took care of the chirping and all I had to pay was the deductible.The service manager couldn't hear it when he sat in my car, but I had taken a video of it and played it and the whole room was like "what is that!?" so he acquiesced.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Service guy said there is a TSB out for the fan motor Recall and ordered one for my 2018.
Question for all: So if there's a TSB/Recall for this blower motor, and my warranty is up, am I still covered for a replacement?

Mine's been sounding like a small cricket and very faint, so while I'm not annoyed, I would like to replace the blower if it's a motor issue. Based on the intermittence, and what I seem to hear as a scraping vs bearing squeal, could be temperature affecting plastics and tight tolerance between blades and shroud. While I don't think I have a blower-related cooling issue, this may explain it for those that are. An interference to the motor is more likely to cause a decrease in air movement than a squeaky bearing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question for all: So if there's a TSB/Recall for this blower motor, and my warranty is up, am I still covered for a replacement?

Mine's been sounding like a small cricket and very faint, so while I'm not annoyed, I would like to replace the blower if it's a motor issue. Based on the intermittence, and what I seem to hear as a scraping vs bearing squeal, could be temperature affecting plastics and tight tolerance between blades and shroud. While I don't think I have a blower-related cooling issue, this may explain it for those that are. An interference to the motor is more likely to cause a decrease in air movement than a squeaky bearing.
You shouldn't have to pay for service or parts on any recall.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have a question for the folks who have had the blower motor replaced a year or more ago ,, did the noise come back ? ,, the reason i am asking, my car does not have warranty , and basically has been on the road for a year , i don't mind buying a new blower motor ,but if the new one only last a year too , then it is not worth it .. thanks for the help in advance

61 - 65 of 65 Posts