Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1181 - 1194 of 1194 Posts

· Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,181 ·
Always nice to see a vehicle earning its keep. Between the current price of all that dimensional lumber and a full tank of gas, that'll almost put you into a new Crosstrek! 🙃
Yea no kidding.. just what is shown there was almost $530

I fail to understand not being able to carry lumber in a pickup...
I dont have a rack on the truck. With the tailgate down, it's 8ft from the back of the bed to the edge of the tailgate. So if I were to have put those 16ft boards there, they would hang off the truck 8ft. Not only being super far back, but they would bow a lot and possibly snap in half.

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,186 ·
Nice. I loaded mine with bags of marble chips and sand to the top of the back seats once. Drove very gingerly home.
Thats a lot!
Main reason I took the Trek was that I needed the 16ft 2x4's. Luckily Home Depot/Lowes are each less than 4 miles from home.. so didnt have to travel a long distance loaded down like that.

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,189 ·
Nice.
WFH has some advantages.
I just turned 31,000 miles on my 2020 that I bought as a retirement gift to myself.
No doubt! I know ive saved over $5k in gas over the last 3 years, and thats based on the pre-pandemic gas prices i would pay on an average week.

· He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
2,227 Posts
I haven't quite hit 38,000 on my 2016 yet. And I use it almost every day.

• Wow
Reactions: stupidchicken03

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,191 ·
I haven't quite hit 38,000 on my 2016 yet. And I use it almost every day.
What's your daily accumulation, like 5 miles?

Pre-pandemic I was doing minimum 67 miles round trip to/from work.

· He wasn't there!
2,227 Posts
What's your daily accumulation, like 5 miles?

Pre-pandemic I was doing minimum 67 miles round trip to/from work.
Home to work and back is 3 miles. Haven't done a proper roadtrip since covid started. But the annual is working out to about 6k miles a year.

• Love
Reactions: stupidchicken03

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,193 ·
Home to work and back is 3 miles. Haven't done a proper roadtrip since covid started. But the annual is working out to about 6k miles a year.
I know it can be weather dependent, but why not walk/ride a bike? (also depends on type of work and if you have to bring tools/equipment with ya).

· He wasn't there!
2,227 Posts
I know it can be weather dependent, but why not walk/ride a bike? (also depends on type of work and if you have to bring tools/equipment with ya).

I generally am carrying quite a bit with me. And on an unpredictable schedule I have to work late. I get plenty of walking during the day without that. And the last 1/4 mile to the house increases elevation about 250 feet, which is kind of steep to deal with at the end of a long day.

1181 - 1194 of 1194 Posts