Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1141 - 1160 of 1194 Posts

· Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,141 ·
Haha, love the build thread and would love to see some additional Tundra content.
Thank you :)

Really nothing new with either the truck or trek.. Ive driven less than 1,500 miles since mid Dec when I hit 50k miles. Im about 400ish miles away from 80k on the truck...
Been busy with the latest house project. Had 25+ yards of dirt excavated and 10ish small trees removed. Having a pour in retaining wall and slab poured (today actually hah!) Will be building a new detached office from the house and shed.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi chicken, love your build. I'm going to be building my 18 in about three months. I have been struggling to find a bumper guard that protects all the plastic on the front that is also compatible with my primitive skid plate. I saw your guard and love it! You mentioned about posting a link to your fabricator friend, could you please send me it?

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,143 ·
Hi chicken, love your build. I'm going to be building my 18 in about three months. I have been struggling to find a bumper guard that protects all the plastic on the front that is also compatible with my primitive skid plate. I saw your guard and love it! You mentioned about posting a link to your fabricator friend, could you please send me it?
Thanks for the kind words!
He unfortunately moved out of state and ended up not wanting to "produce" more than the one he made for me.. originally mine was going to be a test fit, and then make a jig from mine.

· Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the kind words!
He unfortunately moved out of state and ended up not wanting to "produce" more than the one he made for me.. originally mine was going to be a test fit, and then make a jig from mine.
Ok thanks for responding back. Do you have any pointers or recommendations of guards that would fit with the primitive plate? I've searched many forums n none have posts.

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,146 ·
Ok thanks for responding back. Do you have any pointers or recommendations of guards that would fit with the primitive plate? I've searched many forums n none have posts.
I cant think of any right off the top of my head.. i havnt paid too much attention to them tho for a few years since my setup has been "complete" more or less haha. Still have stuff in the works (well... have BEEN in the works for a couple years lol - just dont have near enough free time).

· Registered
5 Posts
I cant think of any right off the top of my head.. i havnt paid too much attention to them tho for a few years since my setup has been "complete" more or less haha. Still have stuff in the works (well... have BEEN in the works for a couple years lol - just dont have near enough free time).
Ok thank you. I'll keep searching 🙂

· Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium 6MT
430 Posts
I was born and raised in Bishop. I try to get up there at least once a year. Pretty much the reason I built my Crosstrek as an offroad beast is so I can reach the place I enjoy in the mountains. With gas over $6.00/gallon, I am really glad I sold my Hummer.

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,154 ·
was that the flume trail?
Yup! My first time.
We shuttled from Incline Village to Spooner Lake and rode the trail back.
14.5 miles and the first 4 miles you gain about 1,200ft to peak just under 8,200ft in elevation.

· Registered
21 Sport
2,540 Posts
Yup! My first time.
We shuttled from Incline Village to Spooner Lake and rode the trail back.
14.5 miles and the first 4 miles you gain about 1,200ft to peak just under 8,200ft in elevation.
i rode it a few times way back when. it is considered an "easy" trail by tahoe standards but for me it was challenging. especially the initial climb. very beautiful ride. i remember a stream i crossed that was choked with spawning trout. a really hard one is mister toad's wild ride. that trail showed me i wasn't a "real" mountainbiker :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,156 ·
i rode it a few times way back when. it is considered an "easy" trail by tahoe standards but for me it was challenging. especially the initial climb. very beautiful ride. i remember a stream i crossed that was choked with spawning trout. a really hard one is mister toad's wild ride. that trail showed me i wasn't a "real" mountainbiker :ROFLMAO:
Yea honestly, other than the initial climb (and the fact you're riding on a cliffs edge more or less), it would be a super easy ride. I cant see myself needing to do this again in the next 3-5 years unless i had a friend who really wants to do it and have someone go with them. Views were worth the ride alone.

· Registered
21 Sport
2,540 Posts
Yea honestly, other than the initial climb (and the fact you're riding on a cliffs edge more or less), it would be a super easy ride. I cant see myself needing to do this again in the next 3-5 years unless i had a friend who really wants to do it and have someone go with them. Views were worth the ride alone.
well the elevation makes it tough especially if you live near sea level. i just remembered that i had this postcard taped to the back of my hutch for i guess more than 20 years now :cool:

Plant Sky Rectangle Nature Tree

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,158 ·
well the elevation makes it tough especially if you live near sea level. i just remembered that i had this postcard taped to the back of my hutch for i guess more than 20 years now :cool:
Our house is approx 162 ft above sea level.
Cabin in Truckee is just shy of 6,000ft.

Ive shocked myself that the last two times ive ridden up there (in the last 6 or so weeks) I have not fallen on my *** from being winded haha.

· Registered
21 Sport
2,540 Posts
Our house is approx 162 ft above sea level.
Cabin in Truckee is just shy of 6,000ft.

Ive shocked myself that the last two times ive ridden up there (in the last 6 or so weeks) I have not fallen on my *** from being winded haha.
i'm live at 135' and i go up near 12k' in the white mountains and hike. i'm just grateful i don't get elevation sickness!

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,160 ·
i'm live at 135' and i go up near 12k' in the white mountains and hike. i'm just grateful i don't get elevation sickness!
12k is a lot! I think the highest elevation ive hiked is about 10k.

1141 - 1160 of 1194 Posts