Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1081 - 1100 of 1101 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,082 ·
Is that the PRO emblem from a TRD PRO? It kinda works.
It is exactly that haha!
Buddy took it off his 4runner and gave it to me. Ive thrown off more than a few ppl with it :p

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,280 Posts
I returned that rack because it wouldn't work with our ebikes. We have a Thule now, so much better...

Reactions: HeyChris

·
Registered
446 Posts
Is that the PRO emblem from a TRD PRO? It kinda works.
I just noticed this. Pretty funny. I think it looks great. Also nice to remind the Yota's behind you on the trail where they belong ;)

Hey chicken, did you get a new PC, building? Maybe start a thread in the general section or if you are building check out PCPP.com
my setup is here:
or here if that link does not work because I just updated and it's pending approval. Previous version was a feature!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,085 ·
I just noticed this. Pretty funny. I think it looks great. Also nice to remind the Yota's behind you on the trail where they belong ;)

Hey chicken, did you get a new PC, building? Maybe start a thread in the general section or if you are building check out PCPP.com
my setup is here:
or here if that link does not work because I just updated and it's pending approval. Previous version was a feature!
No build, just the desk setup.

I actually havnt had a tower for.. idk like 10 years hahah. Been basically strictly laptops. Since working in IT, I dont mess around too much at home in my freetime anymore. Laptop has just been way more convenient for the basic stuff im doing at home. Ive got my home NAS running Plex, probably the most nerdy stuff Ive got going on with personal hardware lol.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,086 ·
Well not specifically for the Trek, but kinda - kinda not..

We have an inflatable SUP board. I wanted it off the ground so it's not in the way. It's a 50+ lbs bag. I threw a pulley up in the rafters, and it worked... but its still pulling up 50+lbs and for sure needed gloves on while pulling the rope. Decided to put in a double snatch block system. So now it's like ~13lbs of force to pull it up.
Wood Sleeve Clothes hanger Gas Bag
Wood Building Beam Shade Ceiling
Wood Wood stain Beam Hardwood Plank

so much easier to pull it up now, can do it with one hand and without the need for gloves.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,087 ·
Also made a mounting solution for the 1UP bike rack. Bought a trailer hitch for a trailer, and installed it in the rafters as well.
Wood Table Gadget Denim Sunglasses

Wood Audio equipment Wood stain Gas Hardwood
Wood Wood stain Floor Hardwood Plank

Now just have get a step stool and install (or remove) the hitch pin that holds it in place (same one I use to lock it to the Trek receiver).

Wood Floor Wood stain Hardwood Machine tool

Wood Wood stain Beam Hardwood Plank

·
Registered
449 Posts
Nice rig, I love my 1up Equip-D. It's a nice upgrade from my original ten year old 1up rack.

Interesting setup with the rafter mount. So you have to climb up there and it hangs by the lock?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,090 ·
Nice rig, I love my 1up Equip-D. It's a nice upgrade from my original ten year old 1up rack.

Interesting setup with the rafter mount. So you have to climb up there and it hangs by the lock?
Thanks!
Yup, it just hangs from the receiver pin lock. It also has a bolt on the front of it so i could tighten the hitch up in there so it doesnt wobble around.
The rafters are only 8ft 3in off the ground, so i just get a step stool out and I can easily store it away or remove it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks!
Yup, it just hangs from the receiver pin lock. It also has a bolt on the front of it so i could tighten the hitch up in there so it doesnt wobble around.
The rafters are only 8ft 3in off the ground, so i just get a step stool out and I can easily store it away or remove it.
Got it, couldn't tell how high up the rack hanger sits.

I've been thinking of doing a wall mount for my rack, but it's on the car most of the time.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,280 Posts
I returned the 1UP because I couldn't get the arms to lock onto the back wheel with the integrated carrier on our ebikes. Got a Thule and it packs up very small so I can stick it in a closet.

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,752 Posts
How the hell does that work?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Interesting, hanging stuff off the oh sh*t bars. What do you plan on keeping up there?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,097 ·
Interesting, hanging stuff off the oh sh*t bars. What do you plan on keeping up there?
Only light weight stuff, pillows, blankets, sweatshirts, etc. Since the rain is setting in, i put an extra sweatshirt and waterproof wind breaker up there.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Only light weight stuff, pillows, blankets, sweatshirts, etc. Since the rain is setting in, i put an extra sweatshirt and waterproof wind breaker up there.
Got it, makes sense. My back seat gets kinda full with my mountain biking gear. Towel for post ride wipe off/seat cover, windbreaker, sweater, etc.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,099 ·
Got it, makes sense. My back seat gets kinda full with my mountain biking gear. Towel for post ride wipe off/seat cover, windbreaker, sweater, etc.
Always need more room for gear! The dog and car seat dont help with space either haha :p

1081 - 1100 of 1101 Posts