2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,041 ·
New mod for the cell phone. Full write up here:

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,042 ·
Wife's car was having issues with the battery.. It's right about, or less than, a year old.. so I pulled out my jumper that I keep in the Crosstrek and jumped her car.
I left it in her car in case it didnt charge up enough while she was driving. That made me think she should just keep it in there for future use so i dont have to come drive to her and jump the car.

So I was going to order another one to keep in the Crosstrek. They still have the same model as the original one, but the same company also released a newer version, so I got that one and it arrived yesterday. I fully charged it yesterday.

This morning her car wouldnt start again, so I tried out the new one (best to test it when its not an emergency) and it did fantastic just like the previous model did.

new model: https://amzn.to/3dVawpN
old model: https://amzn.to/3bICJNO (I bought that one Oct 2018 and still going strong)

Pic of the new model

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,279 Posts
We have Stanley Powerstations in both cars. They're older, SLA tech but they have been handy when camping (e.g. to use the inverter to inflate a mattress, or the USB ports to charge a phone), as well as being able to inflate a tire (I know you don't have that issue, with your onboard compressor). Most of the time we've use them to help others... 😸

·
Premium Member
2020 Crosstrek Premium 6MT
220 Posts
I have several of the Gooloo 20800mAh model that I once used to jump a Hummer H1 with a Cummins diesel. Cheap insurance to keep in the glove box.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
355 Posts
Do you leave yours in the cars during the summers with the heat we get out here? I usually remove them in the summer. What’s it get in the cars...150 when it’s 100-105 outside? Do they make ones safe for those temps?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,046 ·
Do you leave yours in the cars during the summers with the heat we get out here? I usually remove them in the summer. What’s it get in the cars...150 when it’s 100-105 outside? Do they make ones safe for those temps?
I didnt remember reading an "appropriate" temp range, so i went back to the listing and didnt see one.

Though the original one I bought, lived in the back with the air compressor its entire life. Only pulled out when needed, or every 6 months to top off the charge. Zero issues in almost 3 years. Hope the new one will be the same!

·
Premium Member
2020 Crosstrek Premium 6MT
220 Posts
I have always kept mine in the car. Granted, I live in LA so the temps are not as extreme but it was also there all the times I have gone wheeling in the desert. I never noticed a change in it's ability to hold the charge.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
355 Posts
Well I wasn’t concerned with it holding a charge. The risk is explosion from runaway reaction (risks with lithium batteries) when it exceeds the temp limit. Temps in the car sitting a few hours in 100 degree heat can reach 150 inside. For that reason, I remove the jump starter in the summers. I don’t know if there are brands where they are safe to store in those temps. Guess I’ll do some more searching.

Reactions: stupidchicken03

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,279 Posts
Well I wasn’t concerned with it holding a charge. The risk is explosion from runaway reaction (risks with lithium batteries) when it exceeds the temp limit. Temps in the car sitting a few hours in 100 degree heat can reach 150 inside. For that reason, I remove the jump starter in the summers. I don’t know if there are brands where they are safe to store in those temps. Guess I’ll do some more searching.
Both of ours are SLA and we've been in the desert in 120F+. Good point about the lithium batteries...

Reactions: 05Moose

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,051 ·
Nothing big done to the car, but picked up some HVAC vent covers n such from @Dialogue and just got them installed. Thanks again!

Did the two on the upper dash too but didnt take pics haha

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,054 ·
I spy six bolt holes in those wheels...
HAHAHAHAH. Was honestly wondering if anyone would pick up on that, winner winner!
Goin on the Tundra. Found a killer deal on the wheels and used 4runner wheels with the KO2s on them. So swapped the rubber over yesterday. Throw em on the truck today during my lunch break.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,058 ·
Will you post a pic of them on the Tundra?
Here are a few more. First gen, 2002 4x4 SR5. My gramps was the original owner. I just ticked 78k on it.

1041 - 1060 of 1101 Posts