Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1001 - 1020 of 1033 Posts

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,312 Posts
Sorry to hear it. Good luck to the both of you.

Reactions: stupidchicken03

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,003
Stay comfy, stay hydrated, and best wishes!
Yikes, sorry. I think you're the first one here to post a positive test result. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery for you both...
Wish both of you speedy and complete recovery.
Sorry to hear it. Good luck to the both of you.
Hoping for a speedy recovery for both you and your wife and the symptoms stay minimal.....
Thanks all. Twas not fun. Im 8 days since symptoms started showing and logging back into work for the first time. If I had to drive in for work, I probably would have taken today off as well, but since I can sit here in sweats... ill see how long I last through the day haha.

Wild that between myself and my wife, we both had different symptoms. I got a nasty cough and she never got one, we both were very low on energy and had bad body aches. I lost my sense of smell and taste, she didnt loose either.

We basically took turns sleeping and watching the kiddo. Thankfully we were 3-4 days apart.. so when she was at her worse, I still had not even had symptoms show up and was able to watch the kid for most of those days. Then once she started on the mend and I started going downhill, she was able to watch him more.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
10,158 Posts
Thanks all. Twas not fun. Im 8 days since symptoms started showing and logging back into work for the first time. If I had to drive in for work, I probably would have taken today off as well, but since I can sit here in sweats... ill see how long I last through the day haha.

Wild that between myself and my wife, we both had different symptoms. I got a nasty cough and she never got one, we both were very low on energy and had bad body aches. I lost my sense of smell and taste, she didnt loose either.

We basically took turns sleeping and watching the kiddo. Thankfully we were 3-4 days apart.. so when she was at her worse, I still had not even had symptoms show up and was able to watch the kid for most of those days. Then once she started on the mend and I started going downhill, she was able to watch him more.
Scary! Thanks for the update. Will be interested to know if the sense of smell and taste returns fully. So glad you're both heading in the right direction...

·
Registered
The avalanche has already started.
133 Posts
Glad to hear y’all are on the mend!

I spent 8 weeks at testing sites in Bronx, New Rochelle (yay, Corona Ground Zero in NY!), and Rockland County, from the end of march through April, May, and beginning of June. Luckily I was just making sure that the network and tech stayed connected and wasn’t near the Hot Zones where the REALL heroes worked sampling. I just kept their iPads and computers and printers connected so they could upload data to the state’s servers in Albany.

This pandemic is no joke and I am absolutely grateful for people like your wife who are in the medical field. <3

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Why truck when you can Subaru?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Hope you didnt drive with the chainsaw sitting there :D :p

That is a good amount of wood in the back!

It was only like a mile or so. Going slow because of the weight.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,014
That poor approach angle.... ;)
yea lol.. it was WAY steeper than I thought it was. Being so steep and some packed snow, it was like an ice rink up hill. I went at it head on after that pic. Made it about half way up and held the brakes to stop, and proceeded to slide down till the rear wheels hit level ground lol.

·
Premium Member
2020 Crosstrek Premium 6MT
83 Posts
Well, I just spent the last three hours reading your build thread from the beginning. I saw the switch panel you built in front of the shift and got intrigued. I must say, you gave me a lot of inspiration!

Thanks for documenting your build!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,016
Well, I just spent the last three hours reading your build thread from the beginning. I saw the switch panel you built in front of the shift and got intrigued. I must say, you gave me a lot of inspiration!

Thanks for documenting your build!
hahahaha glad I can help! You're probably among a very few who have read it all haha :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
hahahaha glad I can help! You're probably among a very few who have read it all haha :)

I didn't read it all at once. But have probably read it all as you did it.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
10,158 Posts
Wow, you've really done a LOT of work on your Crosstrek lately, LOL!

Reactions: HeyChris
1001 - 1020 of 1033 Posts