Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

901 - 920 of 986 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #901
Welp ive been MIA for a few weeks. Normal end of year time off and not wasting it online at home haha.
Last week I went up the hill to our family cabin in Truckee as no one had been there yet this winter. Checked around the place and shoveled the snow off the deck. I was staying the night as I planned on snowboarding the following morning.
So before it go too dark, it made my way out to the local lake to snap some pics and wait for some decent night shots.
I also threw on some colored Lamin-X for the ditch lights and added some holiday lights to the roof, tis the season haha.

Some 3 wheel snow action

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #902
Darkness started to set in

Not the Crosstrek, but I got the other Subaru up and running. Hadnt driven it in at least 3 months. Battery was beyond dead, so I got a replacement. Also still planning on putting it up for sale very soon here, and wanted to keep the Enkei RCT4s. I bought my buddy's stock Evo 10 wheels as they're the same bolt pattern and they had been sitting in the garage for months. They were just the wheels, so I bought some new tires this week to throw on. Also removed the red mirror caps and now it looks like a whole new car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Under a temp account since the site went a bit whacky yesterday (a lot of others usernames got lost).

But the install video for the lift kit went live this morning!

Check out Blake Garge:

Saw this video after getting wife’s lifted ride from dealer and joined here to keep informed.
Nice mods but wife won’t let me do much more to her ride. Guess I have to get my own and cut the bumpers off.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tire carrier on the cheap!

View attachment 298083
View attachment 298084
View attachment 298085
Is your tire carrier custom?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #906
Nothing really new on the car.

Not this weekend but next, will be the next oil change/tire rotation. Got a couple little things to throw on while doing that.

Another goodie has been in the mail, might be here in the next week or two lol.

My last tank of gas, the cars estimate on average MPG vs actual was 4.5 MPG optimistic.. I feel like its getting even more out of wack. Also still need to take it in for the 3 recalls.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Winner winner chicken dinner...Digging the new sled....Congrats!!!

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,231 Posts
Nothing really new on the car.

Not this weekend but next, will be the next oil change/tire rotation. Got a couple little things to throw on while doing that.

Another goodie has been in the mail, might be here in the next week or two lol.

My last tank of gas, the cars estimate on average MPG vs actual was 4.5 MPG optimistic.. I feel like its getting even more out of wack. Also still need to take it in for the 3 recalls.
I tracked it for a year and then gave up. I figured by then I had "calibrated" it (i.e. I deduct 3 MPG from whatever it claims). Now, I'll have to start again...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #909
I tracked it for a year and then gave up. I figured by then I had "calibrated" it (i.e. I deduct 3 MPG from whatever it claims). Now, I'll have to start again...
Yea I seem to remember it was usually right around 3 MPG give or take. 4.5 seems really really high to me..

Ive been keeping track on Fulley since I bought the car. I plan to keep using it until I really start using the trailer for camping. Ill have onboard fuel that ill be able to use to top off the Crosstrek while out in the middle of no where.. then ill stop keeping track of it hah.

Winner winner chicken dinner...Digging the new sled....Congrats!!!
Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #911
Also put the other Subaru up for sale yesterday!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #912
Ended up doing the oil/filter/tire rotation yesterday. Also because my next part finally arrived lol.

Here are how the washers were going to work with the supplied Primitive Racing skid plate.

These are the front nuts

The rear bolts

Installed after my oil change

So the fronts still poke slightly, but majority of the nut is protected and should still leave more than enough to get a socket onto if I were to really hit something to mess em up. The rears are totally protected.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #913
The other mod that finally arrived yesterday were my hood struts. They did not come with instructions so i made another thread with step by step pics for install.

Finished product

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mr Chicken, your car simply rocks! Also thanks for the strut instructions.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #920
Just ran into something funny to think about yeterday.

Typically folks here in the US, and sometimes Canada, wants the "mad tyte JDM" parts that you cannot buy here in the states. Well I was just contacted by a fellow who lives in Japan. Come to find out that their OEM roof rails are all silver, and ours are black. He wanted some pics of what mine look like because he wants to paint his to look like the US version haha. Guess it goes both ways, want what you "cant" have.

901 - 920 of 986 Posts