Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

881 - 900 of 986 Posts

·
Registered
2015 XV Premium, Desert Khaki
91 Posts
For some reason they had the broken pic icon but I right-clicked and reloaded them and worked. Looks cool. Is yours white or desert khaki? Always so hard to tell in pics.

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #883
For some reason they had the broken pic icon but I right-clicked and reloaded them and worked. Looks cool. Is yours white or desert khaki? Always so hard to tell in pics.
Awesome, glad its working!

White!

I wanted Desert Khaki for years, but they stopped that color and didnt/have not offered it in the 2018+

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Awesome, glad its working!

White!

I wanted Desert Khaki for years, but they stopped that color and didnt/have not offered it in the 2018+
White is my favorite color for cars. But the pearl in Subaru’s white kinda threw me off. I would have LOVED khaki, but I bought used and had limited choices. White with tan interior or silver with black. I knew the lighter interior would get DESTROYED with my driving and my dogs (four of them now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,138 Posts
White is my favorite color for cars. But the pearl in Subaru’s white kinda threw me off. I would have LOVED khaki, but I bought used and had limited choices. White with tan interior or silver with black. I knew the lighter interior would get DESTROYED with my driving and my dogs (four of them now).

For me, an all black interior is a deal breaker. I can't take that much darkness. But to each his own.

Reactions: SubaruBill

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #887

I LOVE the Aspen White of my STi.. whish that could be a color for the Crosstreks.

My Crosstrek sure can look a bit tan in certain lighting....and when it's dirty, which is most of the time lol.
I think the car has been washed maybe 3 times this year?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #889
Tire carrier on the cheap!

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,231 Posts
Just about time for the holidays.. got some Lamin-x and put some colors on the ditch lights. Might do more later for fun
Waiting for the pic of the reindeer antlers on your Crosstrek...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #893
On Saturday a couple friends and myself decided to check out the off-road route from Forest Hill to the back of Soda Springs (Just outside Donner/Tahoe). It was about 34 or so miles of dirt trail, with one or two semi-sketch spots for the Subys, but we made it through without issue.

Heading over the famous Forest Hill Bridge (highest in California and 4th in the US).

I keep my tires at a high PSI since I commute so much for work, so as soon as the road ended, and the dirt started, we aired down. I only dropped to around 27, my friend in the Taco went down to 22.

Downloaded off-line maps for Google Maps to keep our directions going, you will absolutely loose cell reception.

Little pit stop. We stopped 4 or 5 times over the 30+ miles. Bathroom breaks but mostly to enjoy the views. We wanted to get out there and explore this since the storms are coming in this week, which means snow for where we were at. It was cold enough where the ground was still covered in frost.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #894
First spot that was a little eh for the Crosstrek. It was a fairly steep grade, and a lot of loose rocks that were the size of softballs or larger. Had to pick a decent line and went after it. Friend in the Outback said it handled it like a champ. I think spots like this is where the advantage of having a CVT shine lol.

One of the stops we made. Absolutely beautiful view of the canyon. Snapped pics and buddy in the Taco got some drone footage, cant wait to see that! Would love to head back here when there is a bit of snow cover.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #895
Getting close to the end

We passed over a couple small creek passings and a (at the time) dry creek bed. This was the largest over the American River.

Prior I had mainly used the ARB compressor to top off my tires during rotations or seasonal changes. This was the first time I got to put it to real use to air the tires back up.
Did all four of mine from 27 to 40 PSI. Then did the Tacos larger tires from about 22 to 30 PSI. Good enough for him to drive back on.

It was an awesome drive, will absolutely do it again. Would love to do it in the snow, at least part of it. It really depends on how much snow is down as the roads leading out to the trail are not plowed.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,231 Posts
And the front plate on the spare... ?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #897
And the front plate on the spare... ?
hahha yup! Made a quick and simple bracket to hold it there. Figured im at least trying...

Literally as I got off the freeway heading home after the adventure, I had local PD pull out of a shopping complex and drive behind me. They turned into my neighborhood behind me, then turned down another street. Thought that would have been it.. but nope.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice drive.
Bye, how do you use the hi lift jack when you have to use it? You have any videos on that?
Always wondered since I assume if you use the jacking points you would hit the body. Do you use the tires?

Also, when’s the video for the Torq Locker coming out? Lol.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #899
Nice drive.
Bye, how do you use the hi lift jack when you have to use it? You have any videos on that?
Always wondered since I assume if you use the jacking points you would hit the body. Do you use the tires?

Also, when’s the video for the Torq Locker coming out? Lol.
I had a friend of mine fab up an extension for the hi-lift, so there is a longer "hanger" for the jack to bit on.

In the rear, I can go off the trailer hitch when I have it installed. No videos. Im waiting for a local fab shop to whip another project up to make using the hi-lift even easier to use too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had a friend of mine fab up an extension for the hi-lift, so there is a longer "hanger" for the jack to bit on.

In the rear, I can go off the trailer hitch when I have it installed. No videos. Im waiting for a local fab shop to whip another project up to make using the hi-lift even easier to use too.
Nice. If you have any pics please share. I am curious to see how it would be used on or off-road.

881 - 900 of 986 Posts