Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2014 crosstrek
111 Posts
Quite the opposite. These crosstreks decided to eat healthy diets and lift weights.

Now if you are commenting about the orange rims... lol... yes, poor little crosstrek :p
Looks like they all gained weight lol, and lots of it, idk maybe the orange rims would grow on me..... then again maybe not.

·
Registered
2014 crosstrek
111 Posts
Orange is groovy ...
🤔
I'd still like orange coils and brake calipers though
The two blue Crosstreks look like the same vehicle, I am digging the orange wheels. I don’t know if it is something I could roll but I definitely appreciate it. I love color combos like that but am to damn conservative to pull it off. The white one with the hacked bumper looks like it would flip pulling in the driveway 😀

·
Registered
277 Posts
Looks like they all gained weight lol, and lots of it, idk maybe the orange rims would grow on me..... then again maybe not.
My rims and tires are within .4 pounds of the stock rims and tires. So I added a total of 1.6 pounds, lol.

I have not noticed the speedo being off either. I will have to drive a couple tanks to check the fuel mileage but I suspect everything is right in line. My old Ford though, with 34's... yea... that 15mpg stock went to like 12.8 with bigger rims and tires. I just changed the gearing tho, but the small difference on the CT wouldn't be worth it.

·
Registered
2014 crosstrek
111 Posts
My rims and tires are within .4 pounds of the stock rims and tires. So I added a total of 1.6 pounds, lol.

I have not noticed the speedo being off either. I will have to drive a couple tanks to check the fuel mileage but I suspect everything is right in line. My old Ford though, with 34's... yea... that 15mpg stock went to like 12.8 with bigger rims and tires. I just changed the gearing tho, but the small difference on the CT wouldn't be worth it.
Yes that’s great , rotating mass is very important for acceleration, stopping , and over all performance. I’m a little lighter than stock . I was just joking, they just looked heavy to me with all the stuff piled on them. As far as fuel mileage goes well even if it is a little comprised it’s worth it for the added tire performance in my opinion. Guys ask me sometimes if my fuel economy was negatively affected by some of the engine mods I have done and I always answer “ probably “ . Not my focus for my personal needs. But all kidding aside they all look great , I love lifted crosstreks, that’s why I joined this forum.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes that’s great , rotating mass is very important for acceleration, stopping , and over all performance. I’m a little lighter than stock . I was just joking, they just looked heavy to me with all the stuff piled on them. As far as fuel mileage goes well even if it is a little comprised it’s worth it for the added tire performance in my opinion. Guys ask me sometimes if my fuel economy was negatively affected by some of the engine mods I have done and I always answer “ probably “ . Not my focus for my personal needs. But all kidding aside they all look great , I love lifted crosstreks, that’s why I joined this forum.
Before I did it I was so worried. I saw the one video where they put 235's on, but I can't remember the rims (probably heavier than stock too), and it robbed 30!+, yes 30!+ horsepower. I was asking myself "do I really need this?". I am curious to see a 2.5L vs the 2.0L in daily stuff. Mostly where I live it's uphill, downhill, and the wind is a killer - probably more than hills even. Driving home daily it's an average 25 mpg, but on the way to work it's easily 29. Mostly because of wind.

I just checked out your CT. That thing is fricken suhweet! Man! Wow! Now I'm jealous. I'd kill for those engine mods.

·
Registered
2014 crosstrek
111 Posts
I saw that video too. It’s amazing what weight on the wheels can do. I had 15” heavy motegi rims and k02s. I went to 17” light weight and some falken wildpeaks. Made a difference, at least in my mind lol. Yeah the extra pep in the engine compartment makes things more interesting for me. I love it the most off road. Really kicks up the sand lol. Thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
402 Posts
The wheels on the first picture look like they are made from plastic. :unsure:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts