Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure which forum this belongs in, ?
After i started my XV today the information display had an orange lower case i dislayed?
I pushed the i button on my steering wheel and the display indicated I needed to check MFD ?????
I have been through the manual once and can not find out what the heck MFD is ????
Can anyone enlighten me ?????
And of coarse when i got home and shut the car off and started it again hoping the display may tell me it was no longer lit????
The reason i restarted is i remote started it at work
but of coarse the indicator is out now.
I really hope someone is Subaru smart and can let me know what MFD is.
Thank you

rog

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, so what on the multi function display am I supposed to check you think ????
the car was trying to tell me something i just have no clue what????

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Could be anything, ...or nothing.
I would not go pulling things apart or tearing your hair out over it.
Looks to me, the simple re-start had corrected the problem by itself.
Have you already set the correct time/date in the MFD, and your birthday/wedding anniversary?
Are the dates still saved? If yes, and info is still there, then all good. Meaning the MFD did not do a factory default re-set by itself.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would be so awesome if it was programmed to randomly display how awesome I am for buying the XV and how awesome the XV is !!!!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Hang in there, the MFD in the US Hybrid XV. Surely, a Subaru techie or someone will come thru with a mod.

Farenheit !!!! what the heck is that ? LOL
I think USA is the last country on the planet still using that antique imperial system eh ?
I guess I am a hybrid, i use the metric system but a few things i still use from the imperial system.
litres per 100 kilometers doesn't mean squat to me . and talking temp with my sister in Montana always requires translation LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lost communication between speedo cluster and MFD. The MFD get some information from cluster like outside temp. This message pop up on my mfd when I turn it on with out connect to any component connect to it. I bought used mfd to replace my normal display. So, this message pop out when I try to check mfd before install to my car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hasn’t anyone figured out what this MFD must be checked is yet?? I have a 2014 xv just recently popped up the i light

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hel
I wasn't sure which forum this belongs in, ?
After i started my XV today the information display had an orange lower case i dislayed?
I pushed the i button on my steering wheel and the display indicated I needed to check MFD ?????
I have been through the manual once and can not find out what the heck MFD is ????
Can anyone enlighten me ?????
And of coarse when i got home and shut the car off and started it again hoping the display may tell me it was no longer lit????
The reason i restarted is i remote started it at work
but of coarse the indicator is out now.
I really hope someone is Subaru smart and can let me know what MFD is.
Thank you

rog
lo I ran into the same issue and my ac wouldn’t work as well or heater,but I found the issue! Check under your steering wheel fuse box and check for the ACC fuse and it should be the one interfering with it! I’m sorry this is late but hope it helps

1 - 15 of 15 Posts