Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! After having a flat battery I removed both battery terminals and charged the battery overnight. The car started and ran perfectly. The fuel gauge took a while to calculate and show the fuel level although all else was good. I took the car for a drive and the Check engine/Hill start assist warning light/Vehicle Dynamics Control warning lights came on. I took the care to a mechanic and had the battery tested. He recommended the battery be replaced. All seemed well, lights off and car running well. After 10 minutes driving the same lights reappeared. Back to mechanics. He checked for fault codes (none found) and erased codes anyway...lights off again, all good. After driving the car for 30 minutes I stopped and restarted car...lights back on again! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Check fuses in engine bay.

artosa

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
Hello All! After having a flat battery I removed both battery terminals and charged the battery overnight. The car started and ran perfectly. The fuel gauge took a while to calculate and show the fuel level although all else was good. I took the car for a drive and the Check engine/Hill start assist warning light/Vehicle Dynamics Control warning lights came on. I took the care to a mechanic and had the battery tested. He recommended the battery be replaced. All seemed well, lights off and car running well. After 10 minutes driving the same lights reappeared. Back to mechanics. He checked for fault codes (none found) and erased codes anyway...lights off again, all good. After driving the car for 30 minutes I stopped and restarted car...lights back on again! Any suggestions?
Welcome to the forum!

The first thing I would do is get a refund on the battery from the mechanic as it seems that he/she was just guessing at the problem while trying to make a buck off of you!

The second thing would be is to get a new mechanic.

Does the ABS light also come on? If so, it might be the brake light switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info...no the ABS isn't coming on. The battery was shot so Im happy to have another, the original was 5 years old and not really up to par anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Crosstrek hybrid touring.
I'm at 66,000 miles and it just occurred today for the first time.
I Read a bunch of blogs and notice that it is a frequent occurrence in areas with low temperature.
Today is around 16 degrees Fahrenheit in northern Ohio of which I'm located.
I put the car in a heated area for about 30-45 minutes and the lights disappeared.
Are you experiencing cold weather when this happens?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts