Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I saw a youtube video where the guy ripped out the charcoal filter and got aboug 4 more hp. And on the 2.0 I'd take anything I can get. My car is new though and it's still under warranty. Do you think they'd decline any kind of engine warranty work if this was removed?

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
5,476 Posts
I'm not sure about the consumer protection laws in Canada, but in the US the only way a mod like that would impact your warranty would be if they could prove that what you did was the proximate cause of your specific warranty claim. So no worries there.

That said, don't expect anything more than a psychological benefit from taking that filter out. A butt dyno can be a powerful thing for some people, though ...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't expect anything more than a psychological benefit from taking that filter out. A butt dyno can be a powerful thing for some people, though ...
I'm not even too worried about the actual power aspect. I'm just trying to find a way to make it feel slightly less sluggish around town. Quite a few posts in here have said removing it makes a noticeable difference in that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have a 2019 CVT. I really want to modify the intake and with research, I only did a panel air filter and a charcoal filter delete. Gives off that sweet induction noise at the top-end.

Performance gains? not quite sure. Matter of fact, my fuel economy got worse. I use to run 7L/100kms but now Im 10.3L/100kms.

I can make my trek do pulls but I have a whole list of mods I did so I cant just say its because of the charcoal filter delete.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I get 7 all the time on the highway, around 9.4 in the city. Did you put bigger tires on? That usually can make things much worse
Wider to be exact. stock is 7 inches, im on 8.5 right now. effects were negligible i presume since those figures, 10.3L/100kms, were on stock wheels.

when my trek was bone stock, I can be as low as 7L/100kms. With that said, I think even those minor mods that I have made a cumulative effect on my gas economy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the charcoal air filter delete is a must. Ive had multiple Subarus now and it's the first thing I do when I get them. it's not a crazy change but you definitely get more intake noise and can feel the slight change off the line. Another mod I did which completely changed my Crosstrek and driving experience was a pedal commander it makes it so much more fun to drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts