Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for those CT owners out there who hold a concealed carry permit -- has anyone attached or mounted a holster for your weapon in the driver's area of your car? I am looking for ideas and possible manufacturers. I did find some online videos, but nothing specific to the 2018+ Crosstrek. Thanks!

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,097 Posts
Thanks. Yes, I thought I saw it somewhere on here but I can't remember where. It will take time to get through Chicken's thread!!!
Yeah, it's a good read for a lockdown, LOL!

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
73 Posts
Thanks. Yes, I thought I saw it somewhere on here but I can't remember where. It will take time to get through Chicken's thread!!!
He made a very clever sliding drawer for his lockbox; too bad I have the power seat - no room underneath to do anything like that.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
I see no point in a special holster for your vehicle unless your goal is to make it slower to access. This is what I do on those very very incidences when I keep it detatched from me. Odds of needing it in a vehicle are not that high. And then if you stop at a rest stop or whatever you have to transfer it to your person. Shown is a Glock 26. I usually carry a Glock 43.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Magnet has worked well for me. You can get them from Amazon.
Steering wheel blocks view from drivers window. Holster in door pocket for when I go into a store.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A question for those CT owners out there who hold a concealed carry permit -- has anyone attached or mounted a holster for your weapon in the driver's area of your car? I am looking for ideas and possible manufacturers. I did find some online videos, but nothing specific to the 2018+ Crosstrek. Thanks!
I took one of the under desk magnets and put sideways along the front of driver seat rail (door side). Then I put the Glock 26 in a sticky holster And let the magnet do its work. Out of sight if someone looks in the window no problem but easily accessible. I can try & send some pictures if you’re interested.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took one of the under desk magnets and put sideways along the front of driver seat rail (door side). Then I put the Glock 26 in a sticky holster And let the magnet do its work. Out of sight if someone looks in the window no problem but easily accessible. I can try & send some pictures if you’re interested.
Yes, if you have the opportunity to post a photo or two, that would be great! I saw what Chicken did, but I was looking for something quickly accessible. Appreciate it!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see no point in a special holster for your vehicle unless your goal is to make it slower to access. This is what I do on those very very incidences when I keep it detatched from me. Odds of needing it in a vehicle are not that high. And then if you stop at a rest stop or whatever you have to transfer it to your person. Shown is a Glock 26. I usually carry a Glock 43.

I had been doing this originally, but my Beretta 96A1 was marring the plastic console, so I stopped tucking this way.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Magnet has worked well for me. You can get them from Amazon.
Steering wheel blocks view from drivers window. Holster in door pocket for when I go into a store. View attachment 299787
Thanks! Any problem with the weapon moving or falling off the magnet on bumpy roads? Do you think it would handle a Beretta 96A1 or similar size (45 ACP, etc.)?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks! Any problem with the weapon moving or falling off the magnet on bumpy roads? Do you think it would handle a Beretta 96A1 or similar size (45 ACP, etc.)?
No issue with movement so far (380, 6 rounds). Its been in use for about 1 year.
Just tested a 9mm Desert Eagle w/ 15 round mag and it "hangs" on the magnet but is very easy to slip off and fall down. Too heavy for 1 magnet. Maybe 2 magnets would help? The hammer also sticks out past the plastic. A little too big to conceal in that area.

There are holsters for under the steering column, might have more space there?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No issue with movement so far (380, 6 rounds). Its been in use for about 1 year.
Just tested a 9mm Desert Eagle w/ 15 round mag and it "hangs" on the magnet but is very easy to slip off and fall down. Too heavy for 1 magnet. Maybe 2 magnets would help? The hammer also sticks out past the plastic. A little too big to conceal in that area.

There are holsters for under the steering column, might have more space there?
I appreciate the input! Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I see what you did! I am going to try that! Thanks.
Sticky holster with Glock wedged between the seat and center console works well too while you’re traveling and won’t scratch things up but I would not leave it there unattended.

I should mention that this is my Glock 26 (backup) that’s in the car at all times. Glock 19 is on my hip 90% of the times with the rare occasion that I’m going somewhere where I can’t carry. 19 Mag in the door cubby and can be used in both guns.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts