Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I got my 2021 Limited back in March and had no issues with CarPlay working while plugged into the USB that is in the center console under the armrest. Only recently did it just randomly stop working, and Carplay only works with the USB directly under the head-unit. Has anyone else ran into this issue, and has anyone been able to troubleshoot and fix it?
Thanks! (pic for attention)
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport (2.5 L) Black
65 Posts
Mine never worked for data in my '21 Sport.... With teanagers (aka, back seat DJ's), it would be nice.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is correct. Direct from the OM on page 6-11:

Console USB power supply (if equipped)
– DC 5 V/2.1 A*
– Power supply function only
Mine worked for Carplay up until this point, it must have been some sort of glitch then. Unfortunate, because I don't like having my cable run along the console. Oh well

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,931 Posts
Mine worked for Carplay up until this point, it must have been some sort of glitch then. Unfortunate, because I don't like having my cable run along the console. Oh well
There are some functions that connect via Bluetooth which may have been what you experienced but for CarPlay/AA you need to be plugged into the port under the HU. You could run a cable from there through a hole in the cubby, under the center console trim and into the armrest. However, I suspect that the reason it's where it is is to shorten the overall USB cable length to avoid connection issues. In our '18 it's in the armrest and and some point in new models they moved it to under the HU.

Having said that, we have good quality cables and don't have connection problems.

Reactions: CRAZYHAWK
1 - 6 of 6 Posts