Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iphone up to date , subaru software up to date. carplay will load , but keep getting message that spotify is offline , and itunes won’t work either. also having difficulty keeping phone paired . iphone 10xr . apps show up on screen. have done some troubleshooting via apple support . have not reinstalled carplay . any thoughts.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
14,661 Posts
iphone up to date , subaru software up to date. carplay will load , but keep getting message that spotify is offline , and itunes won’t work either. also having difficulty keeping phone paired . iphone 10xr . apps show up on screen. have done some troubleshooting via apple support . have not reinstalled carplay . any thoughts.
Have you tried a different cable?

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek, 2.5 Liter, Pure Red, Limited - This is our 2nd Crosstrek!
249 Posts
CarPlay not working?

CarPlay might be disabled in your iPhone, go to 'Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps' and enable both CarPlay and Siri. (Apple updates could change phone settings - which I've seen happen.)

Check your WiFi and Bluetooth while in 'Settings' to make sure everything is correct.

The Lightning-to-USB cable you're using could be defective. Try a different cable, preferably original Apple cable.

USB port could be dirty. Try other USB ports. (I use the one under the radio, in the console, which is harder to reach and just leave the cable in the port - which helps keep the port clean.)

Apple Lightning port on iPhone could be dirty. Don't use canned air to clean the port - it would damage the speakers in your phone. Use a thick tooth pick to clear out any lint that might have accumulated - an Apple tech brought that to my attention when the phone wouldn't charge.

After purchasing our 2021, I updated my iPhone 8 to the iPhone 13 and am running version 15.2 which works a lot better.

As you may know, all software has minor errors and can be a bit buggy at times. When iTunes, Siri or Apple maps isn't working properly, I will reboot the iPhone. I also find that using a cable is better for a number of reasons.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
2021 Sport
40 Posts
whens the last time you updated your iphone? Just today 1-14 i got a message for an update. I took a read and it specifically mentioned carplay update because some apps were having issues. Vice versa, if you did do this update it is possible the update messed it up.
Also, the suggestion for a different cable is a good one. Newish apple brand cable if possible.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies. i kept messing with my setting a bit and watching youtube and other help type videos. after work plugged iPhone into USB and got a message that i had to enable SIRI , did that and all seems to be good! probably just needed to reset after d/ling IOS 15.2.1. nice wake up call on how dependent we , or at least i am on technology. i mean i felt my car was no good without carplay , spotify , phone , GPS etc.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Premium 2.0 CVT
86 Posts
Next time try a hard reboot - should fix those glitches - did for me when this happened to me two days after buying my 21 trek. Rebooted iPhone XS Max and no issue 👍🏻

1 - 6 of 6 Posts