Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a tactrix cable to hopefully do some drive by wire tuning on my 2016 to make it easier to drive (5 speed manual).

I cannot for the life of me get it to pull the ROM from the ECU using the ECUflash software. Am I missing something? Is there an additional file I need to download to make it read the ROM?

It pulls the VIN and CVN, requesting seed, then interface close. Instant error when you hit read.

I have tried all combinations of plugging in the cable and hitting read. Same result every time.

I've tried to use a windows XP laptop and a windows 7 laptop. Same error.

key on > plug in > read ecu
plug in > key on > read ecu
plug in > key on > wait > read ecu
plug in > read ecu + key on

Nothing works. Am I forgetting a step? Or does the latest version of Ecuflash not work for these cars?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having problems as well. I have a 2018 6mt and whenever I try to connect it pops up an error and wont connect. I've tried all sorts of different things and I just can't figure it out.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Following this thread.

I've opened threads on here asking for help dumping my ROM and I haven't had anyone respond who has actually dumped theirs.

My Crosstrek is currently using Impreza modules and I had to unplug the airbag module because of, I assume, software differences due to noted hardware differences. I would like to correct the incorrect software.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm having problems as well. I have a 2018 6mt and whenever I try to connect it pops up an error and wont connect. I've tried all sorts of different things and I just can't figure it out.
I was able to pull the ROM using the BRZ flash method. I guess in 2015 or so they switched to the Toyota style ECU

·
Registered
314 Posts
I was able to pull the ROM using the BRZ flash method. I guess in 2015 or so they switched to the Toyota style ECU
What vehicle do you have? Can you give a process with software and cable used?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What vehicle do you have? Can you give a process with software and cable used?
I have a 2016 Crosstrek

I used a tactrix openport 2.0 with their EcuFlash software to actually do the read/write

Install EcuFlash and let it install the driver, do not use the standalone driver.

Open up EcuFlash, Select vehicle type "BRZ 2013+" or something to that nature

Plug in openport to car and hit "read vehicle." It will then prompt you to turn the key on. The timing is important here. Turn the key on and then immediately press "ok" in the dialogue box. It has to be within a second or two or else it won't read. It should pull the ROM if everything went right.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a 2016 Crosstrek

I used a tactrix openport 2.0 with their EcuFlash software to actually do the read/write

Install EcuFlash and let it install the driver, do not use the standalone driver.

Open up EcuFlash, Select vehicle type "BRZ 2013+" or something to that nature

Plug in openport to car and hit "read vehicle." It will then prompt you to turn the key on. The timing is important here. Turn the key on and then immediately press "ok" in the dialogue box. It has to be within a second or two or else it won't read. It should pull the ROM if everything went right.
Awesome! I'll have to purchase the cable and give it a try. I certainly appreciate the instructions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts