Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can’t hear callers in 2018 Crosstrek

I have a 2018 Crosstrek Limited and continue to have an issue hearing callers when using the Crosstrek’s Bluetooth. I have to turn the volume up to a 28 volume or louder to hear callers. But when listening to music, the volume is loud at like a volume 10. So this issue only happens when I try to hear callers through my Bluetooth paired iPhone. All the rest of the Crosstrek’s volume (music, navigation, etc) sound fine at a low volume.

I have an iPhone 6s and have the phone volume at max. I also tried “forget this device” and then re-paired the iPhone to see if that would fix the issue...did not work.

Has anyone else had this issue during Bluetooth calls where you almost have to max out the volume on your Crosstrek to hear callers?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated? Thanks !
Same problem with my 2020. VERY FRUSTRATING. Is there a way to fix / adjust higher?

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
10,807 Posts
Welcome!

It's not a problem with ours, using Bluetooth or AA/CarPlay (with an iPhone and a Pixel 5).

Check you have the latest firmware:

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
242 Posts
Same problem with my 2020. VERY FRUSTRATING. Is there a way to fix / adjust higher?
Just wondering if going to Settings > Sound > Phone Volume and adjusting that value higher would help?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I sometimes had this issue using the "Phone" button from the main radio menu when bluetooth does not connect properly.

I now usually use the phone app within android auto and don't have any more issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering if going to Settings > Sound > Phone Volume and adjusting that value higher would help?
Thanks for suggestion, did that initially. In my model, volume adjusted all the way up to ‘38’ which is the maximum. Can barely hear incoming caller — almost worthless feature. Have 2018 Forester, cell works great in that vehicle. Volume adjusted to about halfway and incoming calls are clear and pretty loud.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
10,807 Posts
I sometimes had this issue using the "Phone" button from the main radio menu when bluetooth does not connect properly.

I now usually use the phone app within android auto and don't have any more issues.
Yep, unless I forget to plug in my phone I'm using AA but OAK doesn't bother because her iPhone is buried in her purse...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks for suggestion, did that initially. In my model, volume adjusted all the way up to ‘38’ which is the maximum. Can barely hear incoming caller — almost worthless feature. Have 2018 Forester, cell works great in that vehicle. Volume adjusted to about halfway and incoming calls are clear and pretty loud.
I would just make sure bluetooth properly handshaked, and make sure your call audio on your phone selects the car as an output device. Sometimes it defaults to still coming out of the phone for whatever reason.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts