Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, from Vancouver Canada. I own a 2007 Impreza Wagon and have been waiting for the Crosstrek PHEV to be availble on our west coast for a while now. There's a special page for it up on the Canadian Subaru site however when you click "Build and Price" there is no option for the PHEV. One strange thing though is that my friend over in Montreal says that it works on the French version of the site and also mentioned that it's available for purchase in Quebec.

Any idea when it'll be available where I am? I've been to the dealership and I can feel that they don't know what they're talking about and just seem to want my contact info which I am reluctant to give just yet. Thanks!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Unfortunately I haven't heard of anything outside of Quebec having availability. The only reason Montreal has them available for sale is because of the city's mandate for either EV sales or it has to do with meeting a MPG guideline, I can't remember which one. My assumption is that it's up to each province, kind of like here in the US where the car is only being sold in states that are following California's guidelines.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I haven't heard of anything outside of Quebec having availability. The only reason Montreal has them available for sale is because of the city's mandate for either EV sales or it has to do with meeting a MPG guideline, I can't remember which one. My assumption is that it's up to each province, kind of like here in the US where the car is only being sold in states that are following California's guidelines.
That's interesting but makes sense, I guess I'll have to wait and see. Thanks!

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,535 Posts
That's interesting but makes sense, I guess I'll have to wait and see. Thanks!
You could try placing an order with your dealer. These days there might be more availability.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,759 Posts
There have been some posts here about the availability of servicing and warranty work in states where it's not sold, so something else to consider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts