Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to purchase my first Subaru this summer and I'm wondering what the expectation vs reality of settling on a purchase price and/or negotiating extras in outside of the car sticker price, fees, etc.

Will the dealer go below MSRP? Or is that a no-go in Canada as I seem to be understanding from what I've read compared to what I've read about US purchases

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not in Canada, but there's a global shortage of chips and it's impacting all automakers and tech companies. In Massachusetts, all the Subaru dealers are selling at MSRP, if not a little lower. And all of them mentioned the chip shortage causing this

·
Registered
2020 Pearl White Crosstrek Sport with Eyesight, CVT
217 Posts
Not sure how the dealers are acting right now, but we got roughly $1K off the MSRP a year ago here in Ottawa. The fact that Crosstreks seem to be everywhere these days (Selling well), and the chip shortage, might make them harder to deal with. Good luck. They are a great suv.

·
Registered
2021 Outdoor, Dark Blue Pearl
41 Posts
No movement on base price from my experience. Factory incentive right now is $500 I believe, as it has been for a few months. Probably some wiggle room on any added accessories, protections, etc. I got partial 3m film, and got a bit off the sticker price of it. They also moved up on my trade to seal the deal, which beforehand was already a little higher than what some others had offered me. I have never traded a vehicle before, as I have always figured I could do much better selling privately... but they just made it too easy to do.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
777 Posts
The dealer I bought my car at was having quite the sale. They were selling a 2020 Crosstrek Limited for about 35k when it retails for about 41k all in. That was a couple of months ago so I'm not too sure if you're able to find anything right now but it doesn't hurt to call around and ask.

·
Registered
2021 Outdoor, Dark Blue Pearl
41 Posts
Ya, I;d say if you could find a '20 that would be your only hope of movement on the price. I'd bet the likelihood of that at this stage is pretty darn slim though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts