Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
2021 Crosstrek Premium 6spd
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
IIRC when there was a Cali spec Subaru it was basically adding that carbon filter in the intake, but maybe I made that up.

I do remember watching The Price is Right when they always mentioned "California Emissions Package" on that BRAND NEW CAR. Back then things like smog pumps and using less fuel did lead to lower power cars, that people then just modified.

Now that is a blast from the past. Oh to have one of these Toyotas in new shape now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
haha if you were worried about hp, you probably wouldn't have gone for a Crosstrek. In the end it's a fun car and the 6-speed would be fun to have, but I have the hybrid so I don't get that fun.
So true, I definitely didn't buy the Crosstrek for power, that's for sure, I just didn't want to loose any of what was there. It is a fun car and very versatile.

Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
haha if you were worried about hp, you probably wouldn't have gone for a Crosstrek. In the end it's a fun car and the 6-speed would be fun to have, but I have the hybrid so I don't get that fun.
You're not fooling anyone, I've seen your posts about your mileage, LOL!

Reactions: dpc166

Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
Yep, and the gizmo is now tracking you by county and city! Here in Santa Monica it adds an extra 10.25%

But we get those cool ocean breezes and no snow in the winter... 馃樃
I lived in CA as a child (Dad was military) and was Stationed there myself when I was in and retired there. Worked there for 10 years as a civilian and when I got the chance....I left and will never go back.

No offense to the folks that live there, but man....that state is :poop::poop::poop::poop:'d up. Never did understand what my taxes paid for. Sure as hell wasn't the roads, the schools, etc.

Registered
2020 premium on Meths
Doesn't look like she's that impressed with it, LOL!
she probably couldn鈥檛 care less about the truck. she can鈥檛 believe they made her wear whatever the H3LL that outfit is cause even by 80鈥檚 standards that **** is whacked!

I am intrigued by the Cali emissions thing now with the Trek. I know my 1/2 ton Chevy has the third cat on it as they all do that generation to meet Cail standards & the consensus in the GM world is that it鈥檚 just cheaper to do them all that way than to only do X% & have to stock 2 separate parts on the assembly line/parts department. previous generations that definitely wasn鈥檛 the case.

Prefers black cats
I lived in CA as a child (Dad was military) and was Stationed there myself when I was in and retired there. Worked there for 10 years as a civilian and when I got the chance....I left and will never go back.

No offense to the folks that live there, but man....that state is :poop::poop::poop::poop:'d up. Never did understand what my taxes paid for. Sure as hell wasn't the roads, the schools, etc.
San Diego? Central Valley? Some of the military bases here aren't in the best locations, it's not always like Top Gun. It's a huge, diverse state so you can find pretty much any environment here to love or hate. We like where we are in Santa Monica, a couple of blocks from the beach. It's like Southern Florida without the humidity.

Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
San Diego? Central Valley? Some of the military bases here aren't in the best locations, it's not always like Top Gun. It's a huge, diverse state so you can find pretty much any environment here to love or hate. We like where we are in Santa Monica, a couple of blocks from the beach. It's like Southern Florida without the humidity.
As a kid, we lived in Hawthorne (early 70's), Dad worked at LA Air Station. Me....I was command leveled to Edwards (Mojave Desert, near Lancaster). Retired and worked there for a few years, and took a position in Palmdale.

Prefers black cats
As a kid, we lived in Hawthorne (early 70's), Dad worked at LA Air Station. Me....I was command leveled to Edwards (Mojave Desert, near Lancaster). Retired and worked there for a few years, and took a position in Palmdale.
Thank you for serving! I love the southern Mojave desert and have spent a lot of time there with rocketry activities, especially at Lucerne Valley dry lakebed.

Hawthorne, not so much and we prefer West LA and the beach cities now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
It only holds 10 gallons of gas, instead of 14... nobody needs more than 10 gallons, ever.

jk.... kinda...
I totally agree, no more than 10 gallons! This needs to be written in a disguised bill so that no one can figure it out ;)

Registered
Hi all...I have searched but couldn't find the info I'm looking for. Please forgive me if this is somewhere else here. I will be picking up a 2021 Magnetite Grey 6spd Premium this coming Saturday. I got a chance to see the status sheet for my car and it shows that its a California spec car. I was wondering if anyone had any info as to the difference between California spec and, I'm assuming, North American spec? I know that emissions is the biggest thing, but I'm wanting to know if there is a horsepower difference because of the emissions, and anything else that may be different? Also, I found out that my car has option package 11. Just wondering if someone could point me to a source that could help me find out what the different packages are?

Thanks in advance
I鈥檝e the 6 speed premium also. After 6k miles you鈥檒l notice it鈥檒l big down around 2500 RPM. Especially when it鈥檚 humid. Remove the charcoal filter in the air filter compartment (10 minutes DIY) and replace the regular air filter with the K&N ($60). Should be back where you need to be at.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I鈥檝e the 6 speed premium also. After 6k miles you鈥檒l notice it鈥檒l big down around 2500 RPM. Especially when it鈥檚 humid. Remove the charcoal filter in the air filter compartment (10 minutes DIY) and replace the regular air filter with the K&N ($60). Should be back where you need to be at.
I have certainly found out that the power is not down low, thats for sure. Its all good though, I still like driving this one over the CVT, and I like the color better as well as not having all the eyesight and stuff. I am going to look into the charcoal filter, thanks.

Registered
If you hate your engine, sure. Get a K&N. Did you ever stop to wonder why you get an "increase" in HP? Because the filtration sucks.

Put your filters back in. If there is a noticeable loss, it's due to other issues.

Terrible advice.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts