Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! New member here! This is my first Subaru. I picked up a new K&N cabin air filter like I have for all my family's vehicles. I can't find the filter location. I followed the instructions on the page and looked in the owner's manual's maintenance and service section and no luck.

I took off the glove compartment cover and there isn't the filter housing.

Any info?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's for older models. It does not look like that when I removed the glove compartment cover, also there was no filter cover in there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is from the 2018 Crosstrek owner's manual:

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 08-12-17, 1.13.50 PM.jpg

·
Registered
149 Posts
(1) Open the glove box.
(2) Remove the damper shaft from the glove box.
(3) Push in the stoppers located on both sides of the glove box and then pull down the glove box as far as it will go.
(4) Pull out the glove box horizontally and remove the hinge portion. When doing this, be careful not to damage the hinge.
2. Remove the cabin air filter according to the following procedure in order to prevent dust on the air cleaner from falling to the inside of its housing.
(1) Pinch both tabs and remove the filter cover.
(2) Gently tilt down the end of the filter and slowly pull it out 0.4 in (1 cm).
(3) Slowly pull out the rest of the filter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man! I searched the manual online and it was broken up into sections. I didn't want to go through the whole thing. I thought it was in the maintenance and service section.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone have the K&N P/N for the 2021 Crosstrek Sport 2.5 Cabin Air Filter? Same as the 2.0? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks man! I searched the manual online and it was broken up into sections. I didn't want to go through the whole thing. I thought it was in the maintenance and service section.
There are good videos on YouTube. Pro tip: empty the glove box FIRST! The process literally takes about 3 minutes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts