Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

Registered
2018 XV 2.0iS CVT in Dark Blue
@SubieSubieDo Did you get any tinting on your car? I heard that it can mess with the eyesight technology.
Hi Boronia. The windows (except the windscreen) were already factory tinted on the S model we bought. I did notice there's no 10% tint on the top of the windscreen that would align with/cover the Eyesight camera system of which Subaru is very protective. Curiously, when I messaged the closest dealership about the cost and availability of an OEM Subaru XV sunshade I'd seen on North American sites, their response was "Unfortunately Subaru Australia hasn鈥檛 approved this product being sold in Australia. You'd have to import one".
So I purchased a custom Shevron dashmat to reduce the reflective glare and a custom made sunshade for when I have to park it in the sun. It leaves a very wide margin for the Eyesight system and housing.

Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
Hi Boronia. The windows (except the windscreen) were already factory tinted on the S model we bought. I did notice there's no 10% tint on the top of the windscreen that would align with/cover the Eyesight camera system of which Subaru is very protective. Curiously, when I messaged the closest dealership about the cost and availability of an OEM Subaru XV sunshade I'd seen on North American sites, their response was "Unfortunately Subaru Australia hasn鈥檛 approved this product being sold in Australia. You'd have to import one".
Yeah, tinting with Eyesight is not recommended. Ours has a pattern (I wouldn't call it tint) at the top that avoids where the cameras are located.

Registered
l had to call a dealership to find me a 2020 so l could order it. l got the Touring w/eyesight, and yes, it comes with auto start/stop.
On the times l've forgotten to switch it off, l haven't really noticed it. l have a tendency to only just apply enough brake to keep it stopped (and groaning). This seems to keep it from being triggered.

Registered
2018 XV 2.0iS CVT in Dark Blue
l have a tendency to only just apply enough brake to keep it stopped (and groaning). This seems to keep it from being triggered.
I've found the sweet spot between the Auto Stop/Start and the groaning so I've gotten to the point where I forget I have AS/S.

Registered
So I purchased a custom Shevron dashmat to reduce the reflective glare and a custom made sunshade for when I have to park it in the sun. It leaves a very wide margin for the Eyesight system and housing.
Thank you SubieDo. Some good suggestions there. Appreciate it!

Registered
Hey have you picked it up yet or about to this weekend?
Hey SubieDo,

I picked it up last weekend. It looks beautiful. Really happy with it.

I now have to work out who will do the tinting for me. One shop removes the door panels to install tint, another one doesn't. I really don't want the panels removed at all.

I know they use a water solution to help the tint stick so I asked the shop that doesn't take out the panels how they avoided the water splashing all over the door panel. They said they put a plastic over the door panel. The shop that does remove the panels doesn't.

The shop that removes the panels is more "known" I guess, whereas the shop that doesn't remove the panels is more "local". Both shops have fantastic reviews.

Decisions decisions....

P.S. And I am still wondering about paint protection! I don't want my baby getting damaged! lol

Registered
Good point! Forgot about that! I would get the '19... 馃樃
Just picked up my 2020 with it (start/stop). Subaru put in an easy analog button to turn it off and on though, to the left of the steering wheel.
So at least the controls are not buried in the digital menus somewhere.

I do notice that it will still shut off at very looooong stop lights, say a minute or so just sitting.

Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited CVT
I do notice that it will still shut off at very looooong stop lights, say a minute or so just sitting.
Once you push the defeat button AS/S should not ever engage, even at very long stops. However you have to remember to push the defeat button every time you start the car as the button does not permanently defeat AS/S.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts