Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

Registered
2018 XV 2.0iS CVT in Dark Blue
I drive a similar commute. The EyeSight system offers so many features and comforts that I'm sure your wife will love it. I use the Adaptive Cruise Control almost all the time and enjoy it so much plus it's a lot less tiring. The Auto Stop/Start irritated me a little at first but with parkway/highway driving it's rare to come to a complete or 3 second stop so it doesn't kick in that much anyway. I'd recommend the top spec model with the blind spot detection and the heated leather seats in the front for the extra comfort.

Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
Does anyone know if the '20 Crosstrek even has stop/start? It's now available to build on the Subaru site and I don't see any mention of stop/start.

Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited CVT

Registered
I guess they're hiding that one from all the "features" they boast about on the build site... 馃樃

Registered
You鈥檙e right, on Subaru site auto start 鈥 stop is listed for 2020 Forester but not Crosstrek. Hope it鈥檚 not an oversight.

Registered
You鈥檙e right, on Subaru site auto start 鈥 stop is listed for 2020 Forester but not Crosstrek. Hope it鈥檚 not an oversight.
On oversight that it's not listed in the "features" on the website, or an oversight that they forgot to include it in the '20 Crosstreks. I hope the latter... 馃樃

Registered
I鈥檓 not a fan of stop/start.
John Cadogan is a pretty nice bloke and all. He knows all about ladyboys, crack smoking zombies and 15 year old computing savants. But I like Jason. Jason has great taste in cars, drinks "petrol" and reads things like "The Journal of Energy Policy Volume 37, Issue 8".

Registered

Registered
My experience with stop/start was the "crack smoking zombies under the hood" when I rented an Audi in the UK.

Also, this article isn't addressing the overall convenience and safety factors of stop/start.

I posted this earlier and it calls out Subaru: https://www.cartalk.com/blogs/dear-car-talk/your-engine-wont-care-if-it-turns-you-might
Subaru Australia takes the Henry Ford "you can have it in ... as long as ..." approach. There's been Zombies under the hood here for a while now and the ones under mine tend to say "hey munchies!" the few times the AS/S has kicked in. Luckily for me I do a lot of suburban/highway driving so It hasn't been a bother or caused any safety concerns yet. I've actually been surprised how quickly it responds and smoother than my sister's slightly older Forester.

Registered
Hello,

New member. Sorry if this is not the right subforum...

I'm going to the dealer in the next days to get a Crosstrek but, before I do, I'd like to get some input from you guys experts here.
If I go to subaru.com I see they have there the 2019 Crosstrek while they have 2020 models for the rest. We are looking for a Premium Crosstrek and as the 2020 comes with the EyeSight standard, if I'm not mistaken, for the automatic one, we would like to get one of those. But, not seeing it on the website makes me think that that car might not be ready yet? Anybody has an idea when, in reality, those 2020 models will be really in the dealers?
Do you think dealers are willing to get rid of 2019 models by including the EyeSight accessory for free?
How much below the sticker price can I push in this Subaru world? I'm new to Subaru. From previous cars (Honda, Toyota), we were able to go quite below sticker... but not sure with this brand.
Appreciate the help in order to prepare to the dealer visit,
Thanks,
Regards,
Fran
Just to let you know the latest electronics inside all the subaru's such as the anti-collision, left and right turn alert change lane system, and other warning system are all designed by Toyota. Toyota owns 20% of subaru stock.

Registered
Just to let you know the latest electronics inside all the subaru's such as the anti-collision, left and right turn alert change lane system, and other warning system are all designed by Toyota. Toyota owns 20% of subaru stock.
Do you have any references for that? The choice of the Harman HU appears to have been a monumental mistake, and I can't imagine they (either Toyota or Subaru) could have implemented such an integrated infotainment system without a lot of collaboration.

Registered
2014 XV Crosstrek Hybrid Touring
I drive a 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid Touring. The Hybrids of the first model all had the stop/start. It works wonderful and once you drive for a few days, you do not even notice it. Unless you do jackrabbit starts as I always do. Not even a significate hesitation from engine stopped.
Also if you have the AC running it will normally not stop.

Registered
2014 XV Crosstrek Hybrid Touring
I think this stop/start will be standard on all cars in the very near future

Registered
I think the future is already here...

Registered
It may just be semantics but you seem to be looking at Eyesight the same as a fitted accessory. Its a highly integrated bit of optics and electronics and comes (or not) with the model you buy

Registered
I drive a similar commute. The EyeSight system offers so many features and comforts that I'm sure your wife will love it. I use the Adaptive Cruise Control almost all the time and enjoy it so much plus it's a lot less tiring. The Auto Stop/Start irritated me a little at first but with parkway/highway driving it's rare to come to a complete or 3 second stop so it doesn't kick in that much anyway.
Yep the adaptive cruise is a very clever system and work well with auto, quite the best cruise control I have used so far.

Stop start can be easily turned of with a button push so it really isnt a big deal. You can manipulate it with light brake pedal pressure when stopped , but for city driving we just turn it off.

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
Thank you everybody, we ended up buying a Forester. The small headroom for the back seats on the Crosstrek, specially close to the windows because of the rounded shape there, kind of put us off. Overall it felt too small for us. So, we went to the next size up.

Regards,
Fran

21 - 40 of 52 Posts