Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a XV limited 2019 for a week. I noticed when braking to a stop at the very last moment, it seems to lock as it stops. Not sure how to describe this.The car stops but almost rocks back as if the brakes lock the wheels. It is subtle but is noticeable all the time. I never notice this on my 2001 Civic. Normal?
Thanks, Ken

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,144 Posts
I have a XV limited 2019 for a week. I noticed when braking to a stop at the very last moment, it seems to lock as it stops. Not sure how to describe this.The car stops but almost rocks back as if the brakes lock the wheels. It is subtle but is noticeable all the time. I never notice this on my 2001 Civic. Normal?
Thanks, Ken
Have you been running it in, not braking too aggressively, etc?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No unusual fast braking. This happens no matter how slowly I brake. I can be barely rolling but when I brake, it grabs at the final moment.
I tend to be an easy driver as appose to "Easy Rider" - no fast starts slow braking. Nothing that annoys other drivers.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,144 Posts
No unusual fast braking. This happens no matter how slowly I brake. I can be barely rolling but when I brake, it grabs at the final moment.
I tend to be an easy driver as appose to "Easy Rider" - no fast starts slow braking. Nothing that annoys other drivers.
Ours has been smooth from day one, although it had a couple of hundred miles on the clock already. I'm sure others will post ideas. It may get better as everything beds in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ours has been smooth from day one, although it had a couple of hundred miles on the clock already. I'm sure others will post ideas. It may get better as everything beds in.
I have possibly noticed what you are referring to. My 2021brakes harder right as I am coming to a stop. However, after taking my foot off the brake when it is doing this I have found that the car is doing engine braking as if the transmission was put into first gear. If you let it slow down on it's own it will still display this engine braking. Maybe what you are referring to. My neighbors Trek is the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts