Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Haven't been in the forums for a while so not sure if this topic has already been covered. I have a 2014 XV Premium I believe (the lesser of the two between Premium and Limited) and got the basic headset w/o back up camera. Not sure what model that is but there were only two kinds. Anyways, i know once you turn your car on your phone should automatically connect to your HU but mine never does. I had an Android Nexus 6 before fully updated and now have an iPhone 6S plus fully updated. Have had the issue for a while so i know its neither phone b/c all other BT devices connect automatically to the phones.

Anyways, is there maybe a firmware upgrade for this HU by Subaru? Or am I SOL and have better luck just upgrading the HU to one of the Pioneer models?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I haven't known Subaru to release firmware updates. They pretty much wipe their hands of it.

I would start with disconnecting battery for a bit, let your radio do a full return to factory settings.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Has the phone connected to the Crosstrek previously?

Have you paired your phone to the Crosstrek HU?

If so, unpair your phone, delete phone and Crosstrek from both the car and your phone, then repair the two.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This happen to me after my Galaxy S5 was updated to 5.0. What I did was a full reset, which wipe the head unit and any other pairing devices. Repair it again. The issue has stop for me but there is only one minor issue that is the pairing process takes just a tad longer, not sure if it's the android version because when I was on 4.4 it wasn't a problem. Solution was just be patient and wait maybe 30 sec, doesn't happen often though but can be quite annoying.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have paired my phone. I currently have to manually pair it after I turn on the HU. Then after several attempts it then pairs. My wife has the same car with the nice HU w/ backup camera. Hers works perfect. Auto connect! I think fully reseting the HU should work but I'll see.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had the same issue until someone on here recommended deleting the phone from the radio and then redoing the Bluetooth setup BUT use the buttons on the steering wheel and voice commands instead of using the buttons on the radio. I've setup various phones this way and they all connect automatically. I have no idea why, but there appears to be a bug with the Bluetooth setup when using the buttons on the radio itself.

Sent from my SM-T715K using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Had the same issue until someone on here recommended deleting the phone from the radio and then redoing the Bluetooth setup BUT use the buttons on the steering wheel and voice commands instead of using the buttons on the radio. I've setup various phones this way and they all connect automatically. I have no idea why, but there appears to be a bug with the Bluetooth setup when using the buttons on the radio itself.

This is absolutely the solution. It worked for me a few years back. Doing it via the wheel voice commands solves it. It reconnects each time.

·
Registered
89 Posts

This was the same way I fixed the problem.

·
Registered
552 Posts

Bizarre, but I think I have to try this. I have the problem of the OP, and deleted/re-paired the phone through the radio buttons. This is just so odd that it seems to work for everyone using the steering wheel buttons.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'll put in my +1 as well. We had to do this method on my wife's Impreza, and it has worked like a champ since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read in the owners manual that bluetooth does not automatically connect after restarting the car. But i will try your solutions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts